Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
building a 24' surface drive cat where do i put the water pick-up and what style/kind do i need 1 or 2 ? thanks jason

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have one on each sponson bottom. One for the motor and one for the intercooler. They then run through a sea strainer then into the motor. Hope this holps

·
Frozen Hoser
118 Posts
i have a sea strainer but it didnt come with a pick up. where do i place them at ?
I used a Hardin Marine adjustable pick up and went thru the bottom of the sponson right behind the little notch at the rear of the sponson. Had to build up a little fiberglass on the inside of the notch to be able to mount the plate for the pick up tube. I didn't want the chance of having a hole in the actual running surface. Too much chance of starting delamination IMHO so I went right behind the running surface. Worked out very well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a Hardin Marine adjustable pick up and went thru the bottom of the sponson right behind the little notch at the rear of the sponson. Had to build up a little fiberglass on the inside of the notch to be able to mount the plate for the pick up tube. I didn't want the chance of having a hole in the actual running surface. Too much chance of starting delamination IMHO so I went right behind the running surface. Worked out very well.

you got a pic

i do not have a sea strainer just c dual cooling log for oil and hydraulic fluid

this is a fresh water boat

thanks jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts