Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to start any pissing matches here just want to get real speeds and power from these 2 boats with twins.

Has a DCB 29 had 710's? what speed did it run?

what was the speed of the 28 speedster with 710's?

Or maybe there is a Teague 800 comparison. Or 525's?

I was just thinking that the DCB's are slower but not sure why I think that, I don't have any real numbers. Maybe I am wrong

MP

·
Registered
541 Posts
That Speedster in Powerboat hit a buck fitty with 700's. But I would go with the DCB because they are the World's Best. :)devil:D:);)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not ready to pick either one just wanting to get a clear picture of what they both run with same power. Honestly a DCB is my dream boat and the new M31 looks pretty dang nice (not sure I love the first one out of the mold but they have potential). But at the same time I want a boat that will run better then expected not below.

I have heard pretty good numbers out of the Eliminators but havn't heard any any stellar numbers out of the DCB camp. Just thought I would ask.

MP

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Have you ever seen a DCB 29 try to get up on plane ?!? :))eek:))

·
Registered
14 Posts
i had a f29 w/ 525 openbow that saw 113mph, and my buddies f29 w/ 625 vipers hit 129 in the cold. the speedster that hit the 150 mark wasn't stock. an f29 with dcb's best layup and 710s can hit 140. the speedster did 133 with 710s. i don't think you can go wrong with either. i would do a sick small block deal with light layup like your last boat, that thing was sick!

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
My 2006 28 Daytona ( same bottom as the Speedster ) runs 106 MPH with stock 496s with CMI headers on it , Sportmasters 34 Labs....I don't know where a 29 DCB would be with the same power ?? I would like to know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well here I am! Thanks for keeping the flame alive.

Actually the only thing I can comment about is the Windshield application which is our perfectly integrated and designed - perfect optics and about
$30K worth of CAD tooling - that we designed! Tony (from Eliminator) actually took the crew from West Coast Customs (upon request by them) and I for a ride and the went over a 100. You can always ask those guys how smooth and fast the ride was call Sean or Dane at the corona shop.

As far as the Street Customs show on TLC HD I have a few episodes like the Chevy Nomad for Rusty Wallace and the Range Rover for a Sheikh in Dubai. The Van's build was great, unfortuanately you must use the proper drill bits to have a successful installation. Keep watching this season's shows and I will let you know when the next one's will air. Thank you for the nice compliment!

Please if any of you question our work or any of the applications I have ever commented on, please feel free to contact me direct and I will be more than happy to speak with you. 909.392.5544

:)hand

Attachments

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is correct, my friends F-29 had gone 136 mph with all the right conditions. He had twin 710's. He traded it in on a M-31, Dave has it now.

Whats going in the M-31?

My next boat will definitely have Blown SBC and just trying to figure out what boat they will go in.

MP

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i had a f29 w/ 525 openbow that saw 113mph, and my buddies f29 w/ 625 vipers hit 129 in the cold. the speedster that hit the 150 mark wasn't stock. an f29 with dcb's best layup and 710s can hit 140. the speedster did 133 with 710s. i don't think you can go wrong with either. i would do a sick small block deal with light layup like your last boat, that thing was sick!

That is what I am thinking, I really miss that 28. Just want a little bigger with a wrap around windshield. I always wanted a DCB but never hear good numbers, that is why I am asking.

MP

·
6,873 Posts
That is what I am thinking, I really miss that 28. Just want a little bigger with a wrap around windshield. I always wanted a DCB but never hear good numbers, that is why I am asking.

MP
tell ya what build one and put 1500 strelings and it will go as fast as you want

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Have you ever seen a DCB 29 try to get up on plane ?!? :))eek:))

put some tunnel tabs on the thing like Delaminator does. It would help the F out a ton. Don't know why Mr H is so against tabs???? Some of the F29 ability to get on plane is flat out embarrassing! Throw a nice single motored 1300hp Quad-Rotor and a #6 on EITHER boat and call it a day at 125mph. No issues with plane time! I was going to have $150k into my F29 project with new F29, new 6 drive, and the fresh quad motor. Would have been a killer boat for the money.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I thought most of the F29's with planing problems were improperly propped? Owner wants to run 113 with his 525's but needs halfway to the Springs to get her to roll over. I would much rather have that mid range punch than a few up top.:)devil

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
At least with the superior windshields/canopies that DCB uses, you have a spectacular, clear view of the sky. :D

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
At least with the superior windshields/canopies that DCB uses, you have a spectacular, clear view of the sky. :D

Phebus with the always good come back........

Im not a set up guy....BUT I've heard the X Dimension on most F29 are pretty high.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts