Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would throw this out over the Holidays. I would appreciate responses/opinions from current owners and prior owners of F32's as well as Teague 1100 quad rotor motors. Specifically I am interested in performance, drivability, maintenance characteristics/issues associated with this boat and engines. What did you like and not like? Would you recommend an open bow cuddy? Any issues with the quad rotor motors?

Thanks and happy holidays.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Good Choice

Hello,

I have had a lot of experience with F32's, as well as the 1100 Quads, as well as F32's with 1100 Quads. Our 32 had them originally before we pulled the engines and put 5.0 Liters on to showcase new product.

Those engines run great. All around good power with a safe and conservative boost level. Full hydraulic roller valvetrain with no maintenance and a 6200RPM redline. Serpentine blower drive systems means no drama, less mess, and no belt whine, which really bugs some people. The serpentine style system works better on the twin blower engines because of lower overdrive and subsequent lower pulley slippage. As far as maintenance goes, I recommend changing the oil every 25 hours, like any supercharged engine, as well as changing the oil and filters in the drives every other engine oil change. This is often overlooked. Changing the cap and rotors never hurts and is easy to do, however changing the plugs is difficult on the outside cylinders. Fortunately, the plugs do not have to be changed as often and in most cases once a season is adequate.

As with any Teague Custom Marine powered boat, if you were to buy it I would recommend bringing it by so we can at least run it up and make sure everything is dialed in and working properly with the engines and EFI systems. In particular, I like to make sure the vacuum bypass diaphragms and throttle shaft U-Joints are in good condition on EFI quad rotor engines.

The F32 is a fantastic hull and works well everywhere with the SSM Six drives. Excellent high and low speed turning and a hooked up feeling even over 150 that is rare in center pod catamarans. With that power and no bowrider the boat will go 160, or 150's with some lower pitch higher acceleration props on. The bowrider will not effect performance too dramatically, perhaps just a couple MPH off the top end. Even with the added weight in the front, the F32 still doesnt porpoise.

If you have any questions about the specific boat or just want to chat, call me at 661-295-7000 during the week. There are a few big power F32's that I know up close and personal and a few owners of them I could put you in touch with.

John Teague

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts

Attachments

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
Pictures from yesterday

30 hrs on it now and running great !!!
Thanks to Teague and everyone else for helping me dial in the details on it , just standard new boat tweaking...

I have 500 miles on the odometer so far...:D:D

I love the boat !!!

Attachments

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
so paul since you have this piece of artwork you ready to sell me that 22 :D I can't wait to meet up with you this summer and see this bad boy run and go for a ride! We have a baby due any day now and The wife is on maternity leave all summer. so it will be way easier for me to stay as long and as and when i want from memorial weekend all the way through fall so i should see ya quite a bit:)devil

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
No Dale the 40s didn't do it , they helped but at 151 I was still hitting it hard with full fuel and 4 people.

So now 1.29 gears are going in and that will get me what I need....It will be ready by the weekend.
Sounds like that will get you right where you wanted to end up on the big end! I'm sure there'll be bigger top end #s left in your boat, but I don't think you'd want a bigger gear/pitch combo than what you'll already be running. Have fun and be careful! :)devil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts