Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pros and cons in different water conditions. Any comments/experiences would be appreciated. How would it compare to a 22 Talon or 24 skater with twins. Thx

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
PM "Nice Pair" here on the boards. His name is Steve and he owns a 22 Talon with twins and his brother Bob "Waffleman" here on the boards has a DCB 22 with twins. They can tell you firsthand the difference between those two. I can tell you the 24 Skater is a completely different boat than either of those two. It is going to run over the rough way better, but also have a very annoying midrange porpoise on smooth water (50 - 80mph). If you're looking for a smooth water rig, either of the 22s will probably be a better all around setup for you, but if you plan on wanting to get over any sizeable water conditions, the 24 Skater is hand's down the better boat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM "Nice Pair" here on the boards. His name is Steve and he owns a 22 Talon with twins and his brother Bob "Waffleman" here on the boards has a DCB 22 with twins. They can tell you firsthand the difference between those two. I can tell you the 24 Skater is a completely different boat than either of those two. It is going to run over the rough way better, but also have a very annoying midrange porpoise on smooth water (50 - 80mph). If you're looking for a smooth water rig, either of the 22s will probably be a better all around setup for you, but if you plan on wanting to get over any sizeable water conditions, the 24 Skater is hand's down the better boat.
Thx Rayzor - if you know of someone looking to sell a pristine 22-24 cat (DCB, Skater, Talon) with single or twin power send them my way - I want something special but not so exotic that it has to be worked on all the time.

·
Trying to Re-Member
794 Posts
Check out Nice Pair's 22 Talon Twin!!!!!

Thx Rayzor - if you know of someone looking to sell a pristine 22-24 cat (DCB, Skater, Talon) with single or twin power send them my way - I want something special but not so exotic that it has to be worked on all the time.
You will not find a cleaner 22 Talon anywhere!!! If you want to know anything about the 22 Talon or the 22 DCB either give him or me a call or PM. I personally don't know anything about the 24 Skater, but I think Rayzor hit it on the head :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts