Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, heard some dealers are marking up popular cars when the govt (or our) money is being use with the cash for clunkers program, well once again, another program, that allows us (you know you and me) to pay for someones car, which is OK I guess (not in my eyes, but some think its good!!)

Well here we go again, ala bonus' for execs that we bailed out, the govt throws out a program with no controls that prevent "THEFT", word it as you want, but its theft!!

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,173 Posts
that wouldnt surprise me:mad:...guess i got lucky cause when we left they ended up with 2 peices of chit trade in's and i still got outa there 4500 under the sticker with no cash down:D

·
waiting sucks
944 Posts
I think this Cash for Clunkers might be the next small bubble to pop. Its easier to get qualified for a loan with $4500 down and someone who has a clunker most likely has the clunker paid for and all of a sudden they now have a $350 or more car payment,that gets old fast and with the job losses I see problems ahead.

Very interesting thought. With credit being tight, it may weed out the losers...Hopefully that is.

·
Seriously off center
2,379 Posts
It's really no different than any other time and is what free market enterprise is all about. If people think they are just going to walk onto a lot without shopping and doing their homework (just because they have free money), they will be sheered. The clunker program is a problem for the industry in another way that won't be seen for a couple more months. Demand for new cars is fairly linear.... most people only buy so often. With the clunker program getting people in all at once, the months ahead are going to be lean and the OEM's will be back at the till asking for more money. It's like screwing with nature or time travel...... you never know how you're going to screw up the future by jacking up the present.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,449 Posts
You know what amazes me....the commercials touting this program that I have seen are Toyota, Hyundai and Kia.......American car companies? Where do those profits go? Benefiting the car companies we bailed out and now run?:|err

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
You know what amazes me....the commercials touting this program that I have seen are Toyota, Hyundai and Kia.......American car companies? Where do those profits go? Benefiting the car companies we bailed out and now run?:|err

I hear Ford commercials on the radio all the time regarding CFC. At the end of the commercial it says "Trade up to a Ford"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.