Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've lived next door to this British jerk for 13 years now. It has been no picnic. Every year, it seems like he does something to somehow piss me and my wife off. He is around 60 yrs. old and arguing with him is like arguing w/ a friggin 4 yr. old child. Anyways, his latest thing is for him to climb the tree that is right next to the property line but in his yard. He climbs up there and sits there sometimes for up to 30 minutes. My wife no longer feels comfortable hanging out in the backyard w/ our 2 year old. We feel like we have lost some of our privacy. I don't know why he's doing this. I suspect that he's either really bored or he's trying to look into other neighbors yards. My 6 ft. tall blonde haired blue eyed Austrian neighbor thinks that he's doing this to spy on her. No matter what the reason is, this s**t is wrong and I'm sick of it. I have 2 good friends that are police officers and I told them about what's going on. They both said the same thing...that it's creepy but not illegal. I called LAPD anyways and they came out. Both officers said the same thing but they were not amused in the least. They attempted to make contact w/ him but he wouldn't answer the door so they left. I was considering attaching a saw blade to a long pole and cutting his ropes in the middle of the night but he has cameras. I was also thinking of maybe setting up a speaker and pointing it directly at the tree and have it blast some kinf of a noise that is so unbearable that he would have no other choice but to come down from his perch. I have posted 2 pics. One shows the seat that he has made out of rope. The other shows him and it appears that he looking into my den.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Adjust your sprinklers accordingly. If he calls the cops that's cool. He can explain the situation.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sit on your deck and clean your guns.

I didn't own guns when I was younger due to my temper, but I can tell you that even without them I made sure that any "idiot' neighbors I had were afraid of me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Should have said to make sure you keep glancing his way.

Make sure you make a point of it being unloaded for his cameras, but then hold it up and aim down the barrel in his direction.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I would cut his tree down and face the consequences! What's the worst they could do to you? Maybe cut his tree limb off.:shhh:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
tell the cops you seen his pecker in his hand ! that limie will be on megans law faster than a hobo on a ham sandwich !

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
tell the cops you seen his pecker in his hand ! that limie will be on megans law faster than a hobo on a ham sandwich !
This.....I would think just alluding to it nowadays would make things uncomfortable. I make it clear to my neighbor's if there is a problem I am all in and laws and whatnot are for the other guy...given them a few good examples over the years and luckily we choose to be friends without problems................I wish you luck, hate to be in that position, no rest till its resolved.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Smear some honey on the bark of the tree. Find ya some fire ants. Get it?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
high pressure water nozzle, hose him down. drive copper nails into the tree, it's said it will kill them. got a wrist rocket? shoot ice cubes at him. no evidence of projectiles. just some random thoughts. good luck with the wack job.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You know I may be a dick , but a tall ladder on your side would let you see if he has a hot young thing around( wife, daughter, stranger, who cares) . Pictures of him in the tree posted with his name and address on some social site. Sign in your front yard "My neighbor is a peeping tom" . You have the right to privacy in your own yard, I wouldn't be shy about sitting in my yard on a lounge chair, beer, and whatever else in hand. They all hang in pubs ,find his and go ask impolitely if he is the asshole peeping in on your wife through the window, I'm sure all his friends are prim and proper limey assholes too. If you're anywhere close I can Harley on over with a handful of friends for a couple beers, we are all bird watchers. You cannot reason with Brits, its like talking to your ex's lawyer, The only cure is too show him you can do him one better no matter what he does. Besides you may get to stop with the first suggestion if there is a hot one there.!!!

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
Get a signal mirror.

...or check with an attorney to see if any of this is illegal. Some places in Cali, it's actually illegal to climb trees (though I'm not sure how that works for private property) - for instance. If you're part of a homeowners type association, that could help as well.

·
Just Me
4,095 Posts
You have one young female neighbor that already feels uncomfortable with him up in the tree looking in her yard. The question I would have the women ask the cops, is which one of us is he stalking? Clearly it is not normal behavior for a 60 Y.O. man to be climbing a tree and peering into back yards and houses through the back windows. I think the women should file a stalking charge especially if he's ever ran into one of them while they were out somewhere shopping or such. Or perhaps he is a queer bugger and it's you he's interested in. Regardless, if he routinely watches your movements, happens to show up where some of you are, or any stretch of odd coincidences where he's where you or they are, turn him in for stalking. No it's not illegal to climb a tree. It is definitely illegal to stalk someone. And if any of you have seen him out and about where you are, start documenting it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I sprayed a peeping neighbor with the hose. She was a very crazy, very religious, VERY CRAZY lady. A friend and I were having a barley pop in the back yard and I saw her peeking through a knot hole in the fence. The hose was there and I just did it. Nothing happened for six months until I trimmed her pine trees hanging over on my side of the property. Then the cops showed up. I guess she placed a police report for assault on the incident and got a restraining order placed against me if there was ANY kind of future contact. The cops left, I didn't go to jail, and she eventually went away. Got lucky I guess. I wasn't assaulting her if I legally cut the trees but if I would have so much as talked to her in those six months I could have been charged for the protective order I knew nothing about!

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
If the "cleaning your guns" and sprinkler system ideas do not work, consider the tactics used by merchant sailors to ward off Somali pirates:

Britney Spears

You might consider investing in The Best of Air Supply or any other music you feel might repel this nosy neighbor. Perhaps a purchase of Wu-Tang Clan's Greatest Hits is in your future.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts