Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information/stories/pictures about Deaver boats or Gene Deaver? Also any info on Dimarco boats would be great too. I don't know about you guys but info on the builders from the golden age of jet boating fascinates me. :yes:

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Does anyone have any information/stories/pictures about Deaver boats or Gene Deaver? Also any info on Dimarco boats would be great too. I don't know about you guys but info on the builders from the golden age of jet boating fascinates me. :yes:
You might ask this question over in the v-drive section as both Deaver and Dimarco were best known for their drag race hydros in the late '70's through the 80's. They were record holding in all the blown hydro classes, which were prop driven boats and not jets.

·
Mandella Rules!
139 Posts
Gene Dever - late '60s to early '70s

Gene Dever, when I met him, was best known as an engine builder and was always at Ski Land or Marine Stadium in the late '60s with Darrell Ower's Un-Blown Fuel Flatbottom 'Comanche'.
The team held the record at around 123mph for a couple of years.
Gene then got Darrell, my Dad and a couple of others to invest in his new boat building venture.
Keeping track of the cash broke up that group but by then Gene had the molds ready and the rest is history.
His son was around a lot then and worked side-by-side with his dad. Forget his name.

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
Gene Dever, when I met him, was best known as an engine builder and was always at Ski Land or Marine Stadium in the late '60s with Darrell Ower's Un-Blown Fuel Flatbottom 'Comanche'.
The team held the record at around 123mph for a couple of years.
Gene then got Darrell, my Dad and a couple of others to invest in his new boat building venture.
Keeping track of the cash broke up that group but by then Gene had the molds ready and the rest is history.
His son was around a lot then and worked side-by-side with his dad. Forget his name.
...His son's name is Steve... ...He is in the process of doing a resto mod on a friend of mines '60 Impala...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts