Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new Shack due to be ready for landscaping in a few weeks, I'm thinking about putting down decorative rock for low maintenance. Is there some kind of weed barrier required under it? How much am I looking at to cover just shy of 1200 sq ft?

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
I just called AZ rock and got an estimate. Colored rock is $34 a ton and that will cover 120 square feet. Looks like you have 10X that amount so around $340 for your project based on the info that was provided to me over the phone.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I just called AZ rock and got an estimate. Colored rock is $34 a ton and that will cover 120 square feet. Looks like you have 10X that amount so around $340 for your project based on the info that was provided to me over the phone.
Who does the spreading of the rock.

·
I don't feel tardy
845 Posts
With the new Shack due to be ready for landscaping in a few weeks, I'm thinking about putting down decorative rock for low maintenance. Is there some kind of weed barrier required under it? How much am I looking at to cover just shy of 1200 sq ft?
Mexican beach pebbles would look nice, however, they might be a little pricey.

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I didn't expect anyone to call for a price, but it really helps.

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The kids if they know what's good for them. :)devil
Well, one graduates next week, so he's not exactly a "kid" anymore (though he can still be bribed). I doubt the younger one will want to go to the river much without his big brother going, so it'll probably be Shelley and me headed out there in the future. My creaky bones can still move rock around....:)sphss

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:D I did 40 tons of 1 1/2 " to 2" about 5 years ago, in july, that was fun, and no pool !!!, don't go any smaller than 1 1/2 ", its easy to work and lasts long, and don't freak when the dump truck dumps even 10 tons, wheel barrow at a time, unless ya got a buddy with a bobcat, or rent one, you'll love it !!!

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
you could lay that black mesh weed barrier they sell it at home depot and other home improvment stores. did an above ground pool a few years ago laid the mesh down then covered it in sand for a softer pool bottom and havent had a single weed prob since. just an idea for you

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Well, one graduates next week, so he's not exactly a "kid" anymore (though he can still be bribed). I doubt the younger one will want to go to the river much without his big brother going, so it'll probably be Shelley and me headed out there in the future. My creaky bones can still move rock around....:)sphss
Truck driver may be able to chain the tailgate & pour it out as he pulls forward slowly. Do that a couple times instead of just plopping it out in one pile, will save you some work.... If the driver has room to manuever the truck around some, that is. You may have to mention it to them as they may not think of it themselves..... :)sphss

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Thanks! I didn't expect anyone to call for a price, but it really helps.

LOL, I did not call for you, I need rocks to and just happened to call right before you posted your thread so I thought I would share the info. We are just having the same mental thoughts right now... :D

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Truck driver may be able to chain the tailgate & pour it out as he pulls forward slowly. Do that a couple times instead of just plopping it out in one pile, will save you some work.... If the driver has room to manuever the truck around some, that is. You may have to mention it to them as they may not think of it themselves..... :)sphss
There won't be room. the front is the only accessible area, and that's only 200 sq ft of it. I'll be wheelbarrowing the rest to the back yard down a 60' long drive.:)st

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:D at least you'll find out real quick who your friends are when the rock gets delievered !!!, see how fast your neighbors disappear !!!!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts