Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain it in back yard mechanic terms?Thankyou guy`s for the help,Tom

I need to degree # 1 intake lobe centerline at 107.
I think remember how to?
1.find true TDC adjust the pointer?
2.Run the #1 piston down 50 thousands in each direction,each time write the number down then divied those to numbers & adjust from there to get my centerline.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Find peak lift of on #1 intake lobe and zero the mic. The lobe will be a peak lift for several degrees of rotation before is starts closing so you need to find the center of the peak lift zone. Back the motor up a bit and rotate it forward to .050" before peak lift and .050" after peak lift. Add those numbers and divide by 2 for your ICL. Make sure all of the numbers are recorded with the motor rotating forward so all slack is out of the timing set just as it will be when it is running. Use a piston stop to find TDC the same way you find the ICL. Rotate the motor until the #1 piston hits the stop and record. Reverse the rotation until it hits the stop and the point between these stop points is TDC. Once you're done you can rotate the motor and read the mic to see if the intake valve opening point at .050" agrees with your cam card for a double check.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts