Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fast food intake is pretty much limited to about once a month at most but if I am hungry on the way down to SoCal we will sometimes stop at the one near the Outlets by all the other fast food places.

This is one of the original three located in Barstow. It is insane. Everything on the menu is bigger, taste different, fresher, etc. I had some friends tell me about it and I didn't believe them till I went myself.

There are actually a lot of reviews of it on online and they are all spot on and say the same things about it.

Anyone else ever eat there?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
heck yes, that place is amazing.. Sucks I live so far because I never eat at the local Del Tacos, there is just nothing the same....

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
Been there a number of times. Met the owner Ed and had a great conversation with him on how he got started in the fast food business. He lives is Dana Point and make the trip twice a week. I ask if he had a house in Barstow and he said no. He stay's with his brother when he’s in town.
He also has a bakery is Huntington Beach and make all the carrot cakes for Stator Brothers.
Try one at this Del Taco. You might find it really good.

JW

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That is our one stop on the out and sometimes on the way home. I also like how they have a full basket of hot sause on the table. First time I went I ordered 6 tacos. Boy was I suprised when my order arrived.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
The one in Lenwood and Barstow are owned by the founder of D.T., he's one hell of a nice guy. He has told me before that all D.T.'s should make thier food the same but that they won't and don't. The Bun Taco is the SHIT!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol yeah I was on that day so I remembered it. :D: How goes the harley sales?
We are actually doing ok. Making it through, ya know!? :) Hey, I am lucky to even have a job with the way things are looking around this country. Hey, Obama is inventing a ton of money, so maybe I will get my hands on some of it. LOL

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anyone else ever eat there?
You haven't had Del Taco until you eat at one of those Barstow or Lynwood locations. When I worked at the Outlets in '98, I went to that Del Taco location often. You eat there and you'll never want to eat at the Corporate Del Taco's again. I grew up in Victorville. The Victorville location at 7th St/Highway 18 and 15 interchange used to mirror the Barstow quality. It went corporate years ago though.

I tell people all the time that think Del Taco sucks. I say "stop in Barstow, your opinion will change" Quality is leaps and bounds better than Corporate Del Taco's. They should roll that quality out to all Del Taco's.

Thanks for the craving...

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
We are actually doing ok. Making it through, ya know!? :) Hey, I am lucky to even have a job with the way things are looking around this country. Hey, Obama is inventing a ton of money, so maybe I will get my hands on some of it. LOL

Glad to hear! Things are slow all over thats for sure.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
You haven't had Del Taco until you eat at one of those Barstow or Lynwood locations. When I worked at the Outlets in '98, I went to that Del Taco location often. You eat there and you'll never want to eat at the Corporate Del Taco's again. I grew up in Victorville. The Victorville location at 7th St/Highway 18 and 15 interchange used to mirror the Barstow quality. It went corporate years ago though.

I tell people all the time that think Del Taco sucks. I say "stop in Barstow, your opinion will change" Quality is leaps and bounds better than Corporate Del Taco's. They should roll that quality out to all Del Taco's.

Thanks for the craving...
I'm really glad they don't do that....otherwise I might weigh 300 lbs. :)sphss

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Del Taco in Barstow is located on Main St. I dont think the one at Outlet Center Drive is owned by the same family. The Del Taco on Palmdale Rd and I-15 in Victorville is the last one family owned in Victorville area.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
The Del Taco in Barstow is located on Main St. I dont think the one at Outlet Center Drive is owned by the same family.
From what I know, the founder owns all three in Barstow. The one on Main is the first and the one on Lenwood is the third.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
The food there is always great . . . for Del Taco. It's probably the best one we've ever ate at and Jeff always lobbies to stop there when we are in the area.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts