Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE BIG RAT IS BACK----------AUG. 29----------SUGAR BARGE-------RADAR RUNS

JET BOAT WALLS OF WATER SHOW by BILLET RACING TEAM

Pre-registration BY AUG. 11 for $200. After Aug. 11 fee is $250. After Aug. 24 fee is $400.

Breakfast at Sugar Barge, poker run with with lunch in Pittsburg, radar runs, jet boat walls of water show, drag boat demonstration, awards party.

Radar Run classes same as those used at Bridge to Bridge.

REMEMBER VERY IMPORTANT TO PRE-REGISTER===SAVE MONEY===SPECIAL RECOGNITION

Details at www.pokerrunswest.com**************************

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
What are the requirements for boats wishing to register for the poker run (i.e. insurance, safetey equipment, etc etc)?

Also, is the water on the strait in Pittsburg safe for low profile boats?

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
What are the requirements for boats wishing to register for the poker run (i.e. insurance, safetey equipment, etc etc)?

Jon, why don't you just jump in with me? As of now i have no co-pilot...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Insurance on boats is not required in California and I do not require proof of insurance but I do reccommend it.

Boats should all meet CG requirments, have a drivers kill switch attached and all passangers are to wear CG approved vests during radar runs and the poker run.

Water in the main river channel can be rough but the water in the cut near Pittsburg is usually fairly calm. Small 21' Daytona style cats are usually OK but mother nature still rules. If need we can have the smaller boats take the back way out of Franks Tract to cut off some of the main river.

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts

Boats should all meet CG requirments, have a drivers kill switch attached and all passangers are to wear CG approved vests during radar runs and the poker run.

My boat actually doesn't have a kill switch....do i have to install one to be able to participate?

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
No kill switch??? Who built your boat? I thought it was required on all watercraft.
Boat is buit by Cobra Performance Boats....maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot, but I have never seen it. I thought it was odd too....now that I think about it I'm going to email them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts