Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how long the trip takes by water? I have only done this in a sailboat. Thinking about making a cruse to Sam's for Opening Day on the Bay this Sunday. Running on an average of 60 mph?????

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
From Wimpy's to The Golden Gate Bridge is 90 Miles...

Disco Bay is probably no more than 15 miles closer, so I'd say close to 75 miles one way.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Just curious - what kind of boat would you do this in? I tried it in a 21' Donzi a few years back, and we got tired of being beat up while we were still in the Sac River.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Been there did that,one of the worst & best days we ever had in a boat.Going there (depending on conditions & size of boat at the time 21) .can kick your assss.San Pablo Bay can get rough as well.Once your there (the bay)no problem.Coming home with the current & wind is a BLAST.

GO FOR IT you gotta do it once.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
The Key...

Just curious - what kind of boat would you do this in? I tried it in a 21' Donzi a few years back, and we got tired of being beat up while we were still in the Sac River.
Is doing this trip EARLY...If it's lousy, don't bother. but if it is calm it is a beautiful cruise...coming home is usually better as you go...:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I have tooled around from the SF Bay to the Carcinious Straights (sp) and San Pablo Bay does get rough. I would do it in a 30' Cat.

Not going to do it this time, maybe some tome this summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts