Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cole SS
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 20' cole has a delta pad. Stock 454, 12jg, pd. What works best for ride plate angle? I have mine set at 2.5*. What are most people using for snoots, drop or straight? I am trying to get the most out of the boat without tearing into my reliable motor. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
lets see a pic of your delta pad bottom. What is your boat running now for mph and what do you have as far as motor and so on. With a stock 454 you`ll do best to see 60 to 65mph.

·
Cole SS
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My boat runs 57 at 4500 with stock motor. I have a rebuilt pump, angle type loader, add a shoe and ride plate. I tried a AT drop snoot, it really did not do much for me. I was easier to porpose. Less easy to drive. I now have a 2* wedge on now.

·
SLOW MEMBER
470 Posts
My boat used to have a delta bottom like yours until I made it a rounded keel.

My old set up was with the ride plate around +2 degrees from keel, shoe 1/4 below keel, and the loader 3/8 above keel. I was running a droop and a six degree wedge, worked ok, porpoused a little at WOT. It ran 86-87 with a blown small block on pump gas.

Best thing I ever did was to put the rounded keel on the bottom.:)devil

Buy a better loader too.

·
i'm back!!
687 Posts
well first off get a real loader, then the only thing i would do is add power. Ur runnin about the correct speed for 4500 rpm now, im guessin a "a" or 'aa" cut? I would look into a small blower kit like the weiand or b&m deal... probably run great with the exact same hardware if you were spinnin the pump 6000 ....

·
Cole SS
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What type of loader would you use with a stock motor? Did you wedge your drop 6* down? I am using a A impeller. I am just trying to get boat running as efficient as I can before adding HP. I would like to hit 60 before moving on to motor. Thanks

·
LAID IN MEXICO
750 Posts
speed

i know how to make that delta pad work for you. go to my profile and look at the pictures of mine. that should tell you exactly what that boat needs to haul ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts