Performance Boats Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Pink Taco
215 Posts
My 77 Brendella has a delta pad. I will be installing a shoe and a rideplate. Should I start out with the shoe even with the delta pad and then shim down from there and how much is to much below the padwhen adding shims to the shoe? Also I was told by a few people not to do a set back on this boat, but they couldn't tell me why mabey you could shed some lite on this subject.

Thanks,
Ironman
u got any pix of ur boat. ive never seen another brendella

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
This is my project, I went out and took a couple of pics

Hey ironman, that intake looks vaguely familiar...:D

I may be needing your assistance with some motormounts for the Carrera, sorry for jack, but that boat is cool! ;)

GT :)hand

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey ironman, that intake looks vaguely familiar...:D

I may be needing your assistance with some motormounts for the Carrera, sorry for jack, but that boat is cool! ;)

GT :)hand
No problem on the motor plates, just let me know what you need. I also need some other parts as well and yes that intake should look very familiar:)devil

Pm me your number and I will do the same

Ironman out

·
Pink Taco
215 Posts
thats awesome, a little dif on the back but the deck and dash look almost identical. wish i still had that ID plate. right on, have fun with that project, hope to c u out somewhere sometime. nice boat

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Reagan, Could you post some pics of your interior with some measurments across the back seat. My boat is very narrow inside, where the back seat would be is 44"-45" if i remember correctly.

Thanks
Ironman

Sorry guys for the thread jack:D

thats awesome, a little dif on the back but the deck and dash look almost identical. wish i still had that ID plate. right on, have fun with that project, hope to c u out somewhere sometime. nice boat

·
Pink Taco
215 Posts
Hey Reagan, Could you post some pics of your interior with some measurments across the back seat. My boat is very narrow inside, where the back seat would be is 44"-45" if i remember correctly.

Thanks
Ironman

Sorry guys for the thread jack:D
58 1/2" across but i took back seat out due to lack of respect by everybody wanting a ride and never helping with loading/ unloading or just a small contribuation to gas or lake fees. scan0001.jpg

AUG 7 015.jpg

028.jpg

011.jpg
before i got it from mhy parents it had a single drivers seat and an L back, but that shit got weathered a trashed. but u can see the diference in the back as mine doesn't roll up and over like urs. proly not too helpful but hope it gives u some kinda ideas

·
Cole SS
139 Posts
With the delta pad bottom would you want to to keep to boat flat on the water at speed, or would you try to keep the nose up like a v-bottom? What do you other delta pad owners do. If you have a place diverter where does your nozzle sit when cruising. Down, up, or straight? What about rooster tail?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Back to it!!!!

Ok i finally had time to get back to the boat, i ran a 4' level through it and this is what i come up with... It's about a 3/8" hanging low....... so i think i will just go get my die grinder and cut her down...... Or should this be ok ?

Jim was nice enought to loan me a rock grate and loader to try but i dont think i need to now, Any opinions on that ? Oh did i mention that I cant get it off !!!! Really didn't feel like getting my torch out:))eek:))

So leave it, cut it what do you guys think ?

this is just a river boat nuthin fast or crazy............Or is it:)devil

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
btw it looks like you may have the original 1/4 x20 bolts on the loader? recommend you overdrill and thru bolt use a little silicone as thread locker and sealant on the loader pad too

PS your loader looks like what we call a "river racer" type , check it real thoroughly for weld integrityalso recommend you drill and tap your suction for intake data readings too

Tom i cant get one ***in bolt out so i have to drill it anyways....

What would be the right size 5/16 ? 0r 3/8

Thanks steve:)devil

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
Tom i cant get one ***in bolt out so i have to drill it anyways....

What would be the right size 5/16 ? 0r 3/8

Thanks steve:)devil
5/16's-18

·
Pink Taco
215 Posts
Well she's done:)devil

And through bolted....... What a bitch that was:|err
hope u had an extra set of hands. when i put mine on i zip tied the wrench to the loader and it kinda worked. got help to double check before gettin it wet. the first loader i put on no through bolt and the first trip out it got donated to the bottom of the lake. i've learned many aspects of the boating world thehard way.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
hope u had an extra set of hands. when i put mine on i zip tied the wrench to the loader and it kinda worked. got help to double check before gettin it wet. the first loader i put on no through bolt and the first trip out it got donated to the bottom of the lake. i've learned many aspects of the boating world thehard way.

Yeah, believe it or not i got my G/F out there helping me...

She even crawled under the boat:)devil

See, there is a first time for everything:D

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Well she's done:)devil

And through bolted....... What a bitch that was:|err
Hopefully you guys didn't just through drill the intake for the larger hardware. The correct way is to through drill AND TAP the intake for the 5/16-18 bolts. You shouldn't have any trouble installing/removing a loader single-handed if you did.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hopefully you guys didn't just through drill the intake for the larger hardware. The correct way is to through drill AND TAP the intake for the 5/16-18 bolts. You shouldn't have any trouble installing/removing a loader single-handed if you did.

Nope i just drilled no tapping, didn't kow that till after the job was done...

All i read was "through bolt" not drill, tap and bolt :)sphss

O'well im sure im not the only one this way and i could go up to a 3/8 and tap it ?????????

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Nope i just drilled no tapping, didn't kow that till after the job was done...

All i read was "through bolt" not drill, tap and bolt :)sphss

O'well im sure im not the only one this way and i could go up to a 3/8 and tap it ?????????
Would not go any larger. Either live with what you have or possibly consider installing thread inserts such as a Heli-coil.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts