Performance Boats Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nope i just drilled no tapping, didn't kow that till after the job was done...

All i read was "through bolt" not drill, tap and bolt :)sphss

O'well im sure im not the only one this way and i could go up to a 3/8 and tap it ?????????

What a thread jacker !! Steve, how did you turn a thread about Delta pad bottoms into a thread about how to mount a loader on your round keel boat ??? ;)

I guess its OK the way you did it (thats how mine is, not done by me). Its a pain in the azz to take it on and off though.

Oldsquirt, I don't know why I never thought about putting Heli-coils in there. That's a good idea and sure would make life easier, thanks.

·
Pink Taco
215 Posts
Hopefully you guys didn't just through drill the intake for the larger hardware. The correct way is to through drill AND TAP the intake for the 5/16-18 bolts. You shouldn't have any trouble installing/removing a loader single-handed if you did.
no tap but i did use a slightly smaller bit then the bolts, so kinda/sorta tapped themselves. come winter im gonna take your advice and get some heili coil. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 77 Brendella has a delta pad. I will be installing a shoe and a rideplate. Should I start out with the shoe even with the delta pad and then shim down from there and how much is to much below the padwhen adding shims to the shoe? Also I was told by a few people not to do a set back on this boat, but they couldn't tell me why mabey you could shed some lite on this subject.

Thanks,
Ironman
Hi
I’m not sure if Ironman’s comment was answered.
If all things equal with delta pads for a lake boat would a set back be a pro or con?
Thanks

61 - 63 of 63 Posts