Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of making a run on sunday. Can launch out of Brentwood or Sac. areas. Looking to take a decent boat ride, and grab a burger and a beer watch a little football, back in the boat. Looking to avoid the weeds. Any recommendations. Steve,

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend launching from Orwood and heading up to Wimpys.... Just my .02 cents.
Terry, remembering that I have a slow, underpowered non tunnel boat, how long is the ride from Oarwood to Wimpy's at 30 mph. Looks pretty far on the map. Are there any tide, or gate issues on that run??

·
Registered
268 Posts
Steve if I had monday off I would be out with you tomorrow. The weather today was fantastic. You should have a great time.
John

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Steve you should have been out there yesterday with us all , you need to pay attention!!! had a great run but missed OC and those guys on the water... met them at Wimpys.

the North Mokelumne has alot of weeds... the South not too bad at all we ran the flat down there yesterday from Wimpys and the water was amazing. The gates are open at Walnut grove, the Sac river has no weeds at all... from Rio all the way up to old Sac, its pretty clear.

If you dont want to go that far just go up across Franks Trac to the Rusty Porthole... good food drinks and TVs!!!

enjoy!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve you should have been out there yesterday with us all , you need to pay attention!!! had a great run but missed OC and those guys on the water... met them at Wimpys.

the North Mokelumne has alot of weeds... the South not too bad at all we ran the flat down there yesterday from Wimpys and the water was amazing. The gates are open at Walnut grove, the Sac river has no weeds at all... from Rio all the way up to old Sac, its pretty clear.

If you dont want to go that far just go up across Franks Trac to the Rusty Porthole... good food drinks and TVs!!!

enjoy!
Thanks for the heads up Paul. I wold have loved to have been out there Sat., but it was sons last soccer game for the season, and I ended up coaching one side. We had a great game.

Turns out Sunday wasn't much better fort me to get out. My son finally WANTED to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels, so we had a great time, and are now talking about motorcycles. :))THumbsUp

Is it typical for the south Mok.. to have less weeds? I am so unfamiliar with the delta, I am asking a lot of questions. From Pleasant Hill, sac or Brentwood runs are real accessible for me.

steve

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Paul. I wold have loved to have been out there Sat., but it was sons last soccer game for the season, and I ended up coaching one side. We had a great game.

Turns out Sunday wasn't much better fort me to get out. My son finally WANTED to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels, so we had a great time, and are now talking about motorcycles. :))THumbsUp

Is it typical for the south Mok.. to have less weeds? I am so unfamiliar with the delta, I am asking a lot of questions. From Pleasant Hill, sac or Brentwood runs are real accessible for me.

steve

Not sure about "typical"... but in my experience lately over this past summer and fall it has been more clear than the north. The loop from Wimpys all the way around staten island is about 30 miles.

If your boy is interested in getting on a dirtbike let me know I am an MSF dirt bike coach, be glad to help out! been on 2 wheels since I was 7 myself!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Steve you headed out today? If so call me, Adam 925-360-6711
Adam, thanks for the heads up. I worked 14 hours today. If the weather is good on this Saterday, or next Friday the 21st I am going to get out..try then. Otherwise I am slammed at work. Would definately like to put something together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts