Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heading to the delta this weekend and looking to do some exploring and hit as many places for refreshments as possible. We've been to union point and orwood and love it but we wanna do some more exploring. We're thinking about launching from the Stockton marina and going from there. Any suggestions for a solid day full of must does? Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Go long and work your way back. Cruise all the way up to Wimpy's and work your way back down.

1) Wimpy's
2) Guistis
3) Moores Riverboat
4) Spindrift

Take the main channel East

Slide up to The garlic Brothers and back out to finish your day at Windmill Cove and you're only a few (if that) miles from where you started.

Could stop by Tower Park on your way up to Wimpy's if ya wanted to too.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Where is Union Jacks?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go long and work your way back. Cruise all the way up to Wimpy's and work your way back down.

1) Wimpy's
2) Guistis
3) Moores Riverboat
4) Spindrift

Take the main channel East

Slide up to The garlic Brothers and back out to finish your day at Windmill Cove and you're only a few (if that) miles from where you started.

Could stop by Tower Park on your way up to Wimpy's if ya wanted to too.
Thanks for the great advice sounds like our game plan

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I'm almost certain all the places Seth suggested are open on weekends now. Giustis doesn't serve food 2-5pm. No wake from Wimpys to Giustis and be sure to stay in the middle of that small channel. Food at Wimpys isn't great in my opinion. B&W Resort has 87 and 91 octane if you need fuel after leaving Giustis on your way to Moores Riverboat. What boat will you be in?

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
I'm almost certain all the places Seth suggested are open on weekends now. Giustis doesn't serve food 2-5pm. No wake from Wimpys to Giustis and be sure to stay in the middle of that small channel. Food at Wimpys isn't great in my opinion. B&W Resort has 87 and 91 octane if you need fuel after leaving Giustis on your way to Moores Riverboat. What boat will you be in?
x2 just got gas at BW yesterday, check what time all the spots open plan accordingly we are supposed to have some very nice weather this week and keep a eye out for floating debris i'm not talking tully leafs more like bonfire material seen a few pieces yesterday while out be safe and post up some pics:))THumbsUp

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Breakfast at Tower Park (Rosa's @ TP is now open 7:30 on weekends serving breakfast til 10:30) or Wimpy's. I'm partial to Wimpy's for breakfast.

Lunch at The Garlic Brothers, great food there.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts

Really??? - you go to the DELTA for GREAT FOOD??? ----- :wink2::wink2::wink2: I dont think any food on the Delta was ever meant to be good until you get up north on the Sac River and then you start with Scotts Seafood, Rio City Cafe, The Sturgeon, and then of course SWABBIES for tacos! - THE BEST tacos in the WORLD!!!

Chevys and Joes Crab Shack are just your typical commercial food providers.... nothing special, but great drinks!

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi
543 Posts
Your knowledge of the Delta has come a long way in a short amount of time. You had a great tour guide. RIP Jon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Wimpy's food is Par for the course.

However, any other restaurant in the world is not Wimpy's.

Good ole Wimpy's has been a family favorite stop on the Delta for as long as I can remember.

I wish Herman and Hellens would get their act together. Really miss breakfasts there.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Your knowledge of the Delta has come a long way in a short amount of time. You had a great tour guide. RIP Jon!

Yes, I had a great tour guide and friend in Jon and he is missed. I'm pretty comfortable knowing my way around out. CC, you and your lovely wife need to join us for a cruise in the Mariah (Carey) over to Sam's or treasure island or ????

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I am pretty sure Windmill Cove is open on weekends now.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts