Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the day off tomorrow and will be taking the boat out to grab lunch somewhere. Any one else up for a run?

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Sorry for the late reply; i ended up having no extra time on Friday. Got to Don's at 2:30 hitched the boat and turned back around. 12 hours of driving and never even got the boat wet :|err

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
I ended up dropping in at Folsom..putted around for a while and ran out of beer..Reality

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I ended up dropping in at Folsom..putted around for a while and ran out of beer..Reality
How was the water level at Folsom and where did you launch?

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Lake was full!! Launched off of Douglas..not sure of all the launch ramps...saw about 4 or 5 when I was doing a lap.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Lake was full!! Launched off of Douglas..not sure of all the launch ramps...saw about 4 or 5 when I was doing a lap.
Sounds good. All the ramps at the end of Douglas are considered Granite Bay except the one closed to the dam by the sandy beach is called 5 Percent (still part of Granite Bay). All the other ramps are for when the water is at different levels. Sounds like you had fun!!

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Yea, I saw ramps all around the lake...most open..One looked like a small marina with sail boats..others were small but opened..curious how to get to them..Saw some multi million dollar homes down some fingers..

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yea, I saw ramps all around the lake...most open..One looked like a small marina with sail boats..others were small but opened..curious how to get to them..Saw some multi million dollar homes down some fingers..
The marina is Browns Ravine / Folsom Lake Marina off of Green Valley Road. You can also launch at Rattlesnake Bar which is off of Auburn-Folsom Road.

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
I popped in to Rattlesnake Bar today to check it out..looks like a high level ramp..$18 bucks to launch..ouch! I might invest in a yearly pass this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts