Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

we are planning a boating trip, launching at disco bay for next friday through monday. this will be the first time taking our new RPM 26 Redline to the delta. we lived in fremont for many years before moving to socal. we just sold our dcb mach 26 since we have had the RPM since late march. when we were last there in oct 2011, there was an awful lot of hyacinth, enough to clog the low water pick-up in the DCB.

how is the hyacinth concentration now? can't wait to run the RPM is some good delta water.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
hi,

we are planning a boating trip, launching at disco bay for next friday through monday. this will be the first time taking our new RPM 26 Redline to the delta. we lived in fremont for many years before moving to socal. we just sold our dcb mach 26 since we have had the RPM since late march. when we were last there in oct 2011, there was an awful lot of hyacinth, enough to clog the low water pick-up in the DCB.

how is the hyacinth concentration now? can't wait to run the RPM is some good delta water.
Hyacinth is pretty thin right now, If you are not familiar with the Delta it would be better if you could run behind someone that is. (shallows, trees, etc) If not spend a couple of $$ on one of those plastic delta maps and plan your trip. Be cafeful & have fun. :thumb:

p.s. Nice boat, lets see some pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hyacinth is pretty thin right now, If you are not familiar with the Delta it would be better if you could run behind someone that is. (shallows, trees, etc) If not spend a couple of $$ on one of those plastic delta maps and plan your trip. Be cafeful & have fun. :thumb:

p.s. Nice boat, lets see some pics.
good! glad to hear it is thin at this time. i boated from disco bay for 8 yrs while living in fremont. i still remember most of the areas quite well since we went there almost every weekend in the summer. i will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Nice looking RPM Dave! :thumb: I hear good things about those boats and it should be a really good size for the Delta. If I were around that weekend, I'd get out and do some boating with you! Unfortunately, right now I'm scheduled to fly out to Havasu Thursday night to go continue on my 23MTR build, and I won't be back until late Saturday night or Sunday. I'd definitely recommend you take a trip up North to Sacramento for the weekend. Lots of great stuff on the water up there. Swabees is an outdoor bar/restaurant with docking on the far North end of Sac that has live rock bands and lots of outdoor shaded tables. The public docks at downtown Sac are available for overnight use with the Embassy Suites right above them - Happy Hour is 5:00 - 7:00 with all you can drink FREE drinks! For a really nice dinner, I've found the Rio City Cafe on the water right there is second to none. One big piece of advice for you if you do park overnight at the docks is to be really careful where you put your boat. I parked right under the bridge last time (to protect my boat from people throwing stuff off the bridge onto it), but came down in the morning to a LOT of pigeon shit all over the boat, as they roost under the bridge. I'd recommend you park way forward or behind the bridge, so people can't drop stuff from above, and the pigeons won't sit there and shit on it all night. If you have a cockpit cover or cover that doesn't go down below the water line, use it. Anyway, you can Google Earth search Swabees, Embassy Suites, Rio City Cafe, Crawdads is another great place to eat with docking on the water, and let me know what you think. I definitely wouldn't recommend you head to the SF Bay, as it typically is really rough and overcast this time of year. Hope you have a great trip up here, and if anything changes in my plans I'll let you know! :)hand

·
Registered
15 Posts
... I hear good things about those boats and it should be a really good size for the Delta. ... I'd definitely recommend you take a trip up North to Sacramento ...Swabees ... Embassy Suites...Rio City Cafe ...Crawdads ...I definitely wouldn't recommend you head to the SF Bay, as it typically is really rough and overcast this time of year.
I like orange.

But I agree with Rayzor. You will have great bay weather until 10am and then the delta breeze will pick up - head east my friend.

If you do head up to Sac, please don't take the Sac Deep Water Channel...you will be thoroughly disappointed. Take Georgiana Slough, Sac River, or Steamboat. I'm not sure when the delta cross channel locks will open - don't wager it just yet.

I can give or take Crawdads - but it's convenient, so I'll take it. I love the Virgin Sturgeon, Rio City, and Swabees. Alamar is very proud of their food without the quality, but they do have a good calamari steak. Freeport is often forgotten and if you're heading back south - give Al the Wop's or Giusiti's a try (depending on the alignment of the stars).

Near Sunday afternoon, ice up, bring the brews, anchor and hang out at the American Riv just past the I-5 Bridge. You will find plenty of eye-candy to keep a smile on your face. I still have one from last Sunday.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Nice boat! Who's motor you runnin'? Love to see it but won't be there that weekend. Have fun. Windmill cove is worth the trip up the Stockton channel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Disco Bay Fun Run

I wish I was going to be out, I'd run with You! When I take the F29 out from Disco Bay, I head straight up to the San Juaquin River, east to Windmill Cove and the Stockton Waterfront OR north to Guisti's. Plenty of food and fun those ways. Stay on the main channel for plenty of Oil Tanker wake jumping !!!!!!!!!!! Have fun, be safe!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I wish I was going to be out, I'd run with You! When I take the Skater30 out from Disco Bay, I head straight up to the San Joaquin River, West to McCovey Cove and the San Francisco Waterfront OR north to Sam's. Plenty of food and fun those ways. Stay on the main channel for plenty of Oil Tanker wake jumping !!!!!!!!!!! Have fun, be safe!
I only had to change a couple words for my take on a day out on the water! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts