Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
21' Bahner Sport
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
any of you delta people what is the weather like? plan on going out tomorrow but concerned about the wind

Thanks!

·
21' Bahner Sport
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been on the San Joaquin River when so windy that if I stopped the boat I would have swamped, but then got on a side slough and the waters fine (well better anyway) you can always find good water on the Delta.
That's why I was asking, the only time in my life that I actually got a little nervous in a boat was coming across the river last year. It was brutal

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
That's why I was asking, the only time in my life that I actually got a little nervous in a boat was coming across the river last year. It was brutal
I myself try to stay away from San Joaquin river (lost Isle), Sacramento River & Franks Tract. which is kinda easy to do right now since my boat don't run :mad:

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
I went across Franks Tract today. A little sloppy but my 21'er was all good. I personally would not let a little wind stop a planned day on the river. Like was said before. You can always find a way around the rough stuff on the river.

·
21' Bahner Sport
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went across Franks Tract today. A little sloppy but my 21'er was all good. I personally would not let a little wind stop a planned day on the river. Like was said before. You can always find a way around the rough stuff on the river.
Thanks, I have a 21' as well. That is the place (Franks Tract) that I had my little bit of excitement on. I am not kidding when I say it was some almost ocean looking shiat...funny though my 12 year old was sittin over in the pass seat laughin his azz off having a good ole time...kids!;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I was there last weekend. Lots of traffic and a little breeze. Our houseboat is at Paradise Point it's a great area. Lost Isle was SLOW for the 4th. The water got nasty from traffic going it 8 directions at once but not bad as long as you kept an eye on things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts