Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know who sells bowl gaskets for Demon carberators? nobody in Tulsa, not even Summit. whats the deal with that?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
ebay;) hey dave, where have you been man???? you goin to the okmul. meet?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
e-bay? How come I can't just buy gaskets at any local parts store?
Yes, I'll be at Okmulgee. I been fixin my boats. The cheyenne split the pump suction pc from end to end and the ski boat lost an exhaust valve which wiped out the block, head, and a piston on that 557. they're fixed now tho and I'm about ready.:D except for that Demon carb on the ski boat.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. the parts stores say its the same gasket but when i got home with the holley gaskets, they are not the same. there's two locater pins that are in a different place.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
well i learned something new today. i did find a mr.gasket set that you may be able to order by the p# local.

the 10 gaskets are bowl gaskets made by barry grant, the other pic is the mr.gasket set, the p#'s are on the bottom of the pics(i think)

the 132 pic is barry grant, the other is mr.gasket p#720-6177

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Call Rich @ 952 469 3219 He is the Barry Grant seller on Ebay. I have bought all kinds of parts for my Demons. He sells all kinds of other performance parts as well . Good guy , When the big catalog boy's tell me they can order it for me, it'll be three weeks. You can only imagine what I said ! I called Rich and he handled it. Jim

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
Demon carbs use the same as holleys do. I looked around forever a few years back and got pissed and just used the holley gaskets and accelerator pump. i believe that J&M speed in Riverside Ca carries a rubuild kit for the demons now.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
And if you buy them from ebay your boat becomes automatically 30 MPH faster!!!!:D
That only happens if the bowls are chromed. :D

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Anybody know who sells bowl gaskets for Demon carberators? nobody in Tulsa, not even Summit. whats the deal with that?
what model demons? i run mighty's, and have been using the blue holley 4150 gaskets for years. jegs carry's all the "barry grant specific" stuff that might not interchange with holleys, like the accelerator pump check valve flappers, and mixture screw o'rings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts