Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would bet my Biesemeyer boat not one Democrat or maybe even Republican with vote yes on theses items

President Trump isasking everyone to forward this to a minimum of 20 people, and to ask that eachof those do likewise.

In three days, most people in the United States will have themessage. This is clearly an amazing idea that must be passed around. Stand byfor the push back from THE SWAMP

THE TRUMP RULE:
Let's see if congress understands what people pressure is allabout.

Salary of retired US Presidents .. . . . $180,000 FOR LIFE.

Salary of House/Senate members .. . . $174,000 FOR LIFE

This is stupid

Salary of Speaker of the House .. . . . . $223,500 FOR LIFE.

This is really stupid

Salary of Majority / Minority Leaders . . $193,400 FOR LIFE.

Average Salary of a teacher . . . . . . .. . . . . .. .$40,065

Average Salary of a deployed Soldier . . .. . . .. $38,000

Here's where the cuts should be made!

Congressional Reform Act of 2017

1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman / woman collects asalary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present, & future) participates inSocial Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to theSocial Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the SocialSecurity system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may notbe used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just asall Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system andparticipates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on theAmerican people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women arevoid effective 7/1/17. The American people did not make this contract withCongressmen/women.

Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving inCongress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizenlegislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and go back towork.

TRUMP, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the bestquotes about the debt ceiling: "I could end the deficit in fiveminutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytimethere is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress areineligible for re-election".

The 26th Amendment ( granting the right to vote for 18year-olds ) took only three months and eight days to be ratified! Why? Simple!The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail, cellphones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one(1) year or less to become the law of the land - all because of publicpressure.

Trump is asking each addressee to forward this email to aminimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to dolikewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of Americawill have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people, then itwill only take three days for most people in the U.S. to receive the message.It's time!
Please forward if you favor theses changes.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
I actually agree with a lot of that....But if Trump TRYED to pass this through....He would be impeached OVERNITE!!!

My rules would be; TERM LIMITS Term Limits term limits......(So loud it echos off the rockies from CA)

No Retirement...Congress and senate get payed a salary and can invest in a retirement plan (Like most citizens do)

No elitist health care system or any other special laws that don't have to do with security...

But if you want to "Wish upon a star" Then I can add ones that would never have a chance even if we KNEW where the bodies are buried;

No lawyers allowed to run for office(Conflict of interest (Lawyers make laws to benefit lawyers)

They have to spend 200 days a year IN their district, and can vote electronically....

Last one (A Dream); They sit in a special chair with a harness that doesn't release for 4-5 hours after they actually vote...and their vote is announced and then their constituents have 2 numbers to call...one is "I agree" and one is "I disagree"....If more than 50% are "Disagree", then the TASER on the bottom of the seat is.......actuated........:yes:

A guy can dream........

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I actually agree with a lot of that....But if Trump TRYED to pass this through....He would be impeached OVERNITE!!!

My rules would be; TERM LIMITS Term Limits term limits......(So loud it echos off the rockies from CA)

No Retirement...Congress and senate get payed a salary and can invest in a retirement plan (Like most citizens do)

No elitist health care system or any other special laws that don't have to do with security...

But if you want to "Wish upon a star" Then I can add ones that would never have a chance even if we KNEW where the bodies are buried;

No lawyers allowed to run for office(Conflict of interest (Lawyers make laws to benefit lawyers)

They have to spend 200 days a year IN their district, and can vote electronically....

Last one (A Dream); They sit in a special chair with a harness that doesn't release for 4-5 hours after they actually vote...and their vote is announced and then their constituents have 2 numbers to call...one is "I agree" and one is "I disagree"....If more than 50% are "Disagree", then the TASER on the bottom of the seat is.......actuated........:yes:

A guy can dream........
+1

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts

A guy can dream........
I can agree with that!Especially the electric shock for not voting in the way her/his constituents want!!!

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
I can see only one problem with the Taser idea......I'd wear out my fingers dialing that number....ALL THE F-ING TIME...(Even when I agreed with them(They MUST have done SOMETHING wrong we are not aware of!!!) ZAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!!!!:|err

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Kinda odd, with all of the foresight the founding fathers had that they would allow members of congress essentially absolute control over their own income and retirement. How many jobs in the real world have a provision that allows an employee to give himself a raise and they only people who could object would also get a raise.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Kinda odd, with all of the foresight the founding fathers had that they would allow members of congress essentially absolute control over their own income and retirement. How many jobs in the real world have a provision that allows an employee to give himself a raise and they only people who could object would also get a raise.
None that I know of. The same thing happens on the state level too.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Originally, the legislators were not payed....They generally were relatively rich land owners....Now they are not land owners....But they are usually already rich.....

Any benefits they pass for themselves should have to be confirmed by their constituents.....Say at least 60% of their constituents have to ok anything they give themselves...

I used to make a joke about how, when they find how to deflect an asteroid, use that technology to aim a relatively small one at DC.......DURING a congressional pay raise vote (They'd all be there votin' for their raise!)

·
Dank MayMay Champion
220 Posts
I think their wages should be directly tied to their opinion polling... if they have a 30% they should get 30% of a maximum of wages... so if they arn't doing what we want they get hit...

sounds pretty foolproof.. if I ever did 30% Id get fired..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts