Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time, the international organization has set a date for the moment when the “Age of America” will end and the U.S. economy will be overtaken by that of China.
IMF sees China topping U.S. in 2016

According to the latest IMF official forecasts, China's economy will surpass that of America in real terms in 2016 — just five years from now. Brett Arends looks at the implications for the U.S. dollar and the Treasury market.

And it’s a lot closer than you may think.
According to the latest IMF official forecasts, China’s economy will surpass that of America in real terms in 2016 — just five years from now.

.............and they want to keep driving the entitlement, spending, debt train off into canyon.....thanks libtards for supporting the destruction of this country.....you are truely anti Americans!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/im...ut-to-end-2011-04-25?link=MW_home_latest_news

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
So this all started with the election of President Obama, not hardly.

Couple of quotes from YOUR article...

"Just 10 years ago, the U.S. economy was three times the size of China’s." ... under who's watch?

"They have a state-guided form of capitalism, and we have a much freer former of capitalism.”

"That is a big reason why the U.S. is becoming more and more polarized between a small, very rich class and an eroding middle class. The people who get the profits are very different from the people who lost the wages.”

You mean corporate America has failed to take care if it's citizens and perpetuate the growth of our nation? Looks like those in charge sold out for their own compensation packages rather than the long-term growth and well-being of our nation.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
The US GDP is still approx 2.5 times that of China and when you look at per capita income, China is still shi# poor. China's "State Capitolism" (AKA Fascism) is not a model that the US would ever want to follow.....

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
I couldn't agree more. However, our form of capitalism isn't keeping us as competitive nor is it proving to be properous for all demographics. Somewhere in the middle would be nice.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I couldn't agree more. However, our form of capitalism isn't keeping us as competitive nor is it proving to be properous for all demographics. Somewhere in the middle would be nice.
True, because ours has become over regulated. Hong Kong is currently the worlds most booming economy and it is no coincidence that it is the closest thing today's world has to a Free Market Economy.....

"Nor is it proving prosperous for all demographics"??? Hmmm, lets see. In the US black people are often regarded as a demographic that is economically deprived. Yet despite being less than 3% of the worlds black people, black people in the US own more than half of all the black owned wealth in the world...In what place does this demographic do better??? You take any ethnic demographic in the world and you will be pretty hard pressed to find a place where they are doing better than here in the US....

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
The US GDP is still approx 2.5 times that of China and when you look at per capita income, China is still shi# poor. China's "State Capitolism" (AKA Fascism) is not a model that the US would ever want to follow.....
Yes.
Some thoughts about "PPP." First, China's manipulation of the yuan is costing them big money, that will eventually show up somewhere. Also Chinese policies on building cities where no one lives will eventually catch up to them. The rise in commodity prices, esp. oil, hurts the Chinese even more than us.
I do not lightly disagree with the IMF, but there are things to be learned there. For instance if we add large amounts of regulation to our housing, cars, energy, that (artificially) raises our prices and hurts our PPP.
If we drill for oil, build some nuke plants, and stop carbon cap and trade/CO2 regs, that will help our PPP a lot.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
You know, I just watch the race; The Chinese are going around the track with one basic driver, while we (Knowing better) are fighting amongst ourselves, each side grabbing the wheel.....personally, I think it's a perfect recipe for a wreck.....I see the libs trying to protect the poor and lower middle class, while the Cons try to help out the rich folk....especially helpful with "Tax breaks for rich people who invest overseas".

THE PIPER WILL BE PAYED....carry on arguing.....:)sphss:)coffee

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I see the libs trying to protect the poor and lower middle class, while the Cons try to help out the rich folk....especially helpful with "Tax breaks for rich people who invest overseas".
We can all go round and round over who we think is protecting who. I just wish our 3 branches of government would start doing their most basic job. PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM.....
I don't really care much about what the public benefit will be if one groups freedom is protected or if a specific freedom is denied or allowed. Any freedom that is dependent on it's public benefit is not a true freedom and any society that allows it's freedoms to depend on their pubic benefit has no freedom at all.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Most nations can easily get the technology and equipment to produce most items equally well. What some nations have that we don't is cheap labor. This cheap labor advantage can be leveled by import tarffis... Now why do we not have tariffs on imports??
Simple! It is because our big corporate manufactures who control our politicians do not want a reciprocal tariff on their goods they want sell to foreign markets. Again an example of how the wealthy corporate industrialists make still huge profits overseas while the American worker has no job due to un-tariffed imported products killing smaller American industry. When will you so called conservatives who defend big corporate profits open your eyes to the damage they are doing to American workers ???

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
China's economy is a bigger house of cards than ours and is completely unsustainable.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
China's economy is a bigger house of cards than ours and is completely unsustainable.

The frightening thing is all these house of cards are spending billions on military power.....similar to what Germany and Japan did in the 1930s. Will a WW3 level of death and destruction result from this military spending?....I hope not.
Unfortunately the fact that the USA military is in everybody's face and still trying to dominate the world may eventually provoke WW3. Let's return to being a positive and benevolent nation. The bully-like world's cop role is getting tiring to everyone.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So this all started with the election of President Obama, not hardly.

Couple of quotes from YOUR article...

"Just 10 years ago, the U.S. economy was three times the size of China’s." ... under who's watch?

"They have a state-guided form of capitalism, and we have a much freer former of capitalism.”

"That is a big reason why the U.S. is becoming more and more polarized between a small, very rich class and an eroding middle class. The people who get the profits are very different from the people who lost the wages.”

You mean corporate America has failed to take care if it's citizens and perpetuate the growth of our nation? Looks like those in charge sold out for their own compensation packages rather than the long-term growth and well-being of our nation.
DC fettering (mostly left) of a true free capitalist economy is what has driven our market into the ground.......look at all the "feel good" brain dead ideas.....the big push for wind and solar, the feds (again mostly left) have been giving subsides for them for over 30 years and we get less than 1% of elec from these sources........30 years of wasted money, the market does not want it yet and the manipulation of guaranteed federal dollars have crippled the true free market sprit of private development and reward for that sacrifice…..that sprit has been lost in the entitlement mentality of the “fair playing field” of your party and the penalization of the accomplishment of success. Subsidies, end them all for everyone and go to a simple fair/flat/consumption tax.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You know, I just watch the race; The Chinese are going around the track with one basic driver, while we (Knowing better) are fighting amongst ourselves, each side grabbing the wheel.....personally, I think it's a perfect recipe for a wreck.....I see the libs trying to protect the poor and lower middle class, while the Cons try to help out the rich folk....especially helpful with "Tax breaks for rich people who invest overseas".

THE PIPER WILL BE PAYED....carry on arguing.....:)sphss:)coffee
Just exactly how are the Dems trying to protect the poor and lower middle class?

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
How are those farm subsidies working for you Donzi? Just how many republican congress members are currently recieving them and how many millions is it?

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How are those farm subsidies working for you Donzi? Just how many republican congress members are currently recieving them and how many millions is it?
Did you see my post....I said end all subsidies.....what does "all" mean? I have said that for 20+ years.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Simple! It is because our big corporate manufactures who control our politicians do not want a reciprocal tariff on their goods they want sell to foreign markets.

Finally you see the light. :D

. When will you so called conservatives who defend big corporate profits open your eyes to the damage they are doing to American workers ???
Which workers should be protected, and which shouldn't? Which jobs should be saved, and at what cost? It's a slippery slope.
The American worker can buy a pair of shoes or a toaster for about 1 hour's labor. It used to be 5-10 hrs. We used to have 1-2 pairs of shoes. Now we have 10-20 pairs. But we have less job security. Do you really want to go backwards? What are you willing to give up?

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Which workers should be protected, and which shouldn't? Which jobs should be saved, and at what cost? It's a slippery slope.
The American worker can buy a pair of shoes or a toaster for about 1 hour's labor. It used to be 5-10 hrs. We used to have 1-2 pairs of shoes. Now we have 10-20 pairs. But we have less job security. Do you really want to go backwards? What are you willing to give up?

Yeah but the American made shoes lasted years and could be resoled numerous times. The all steel american made toasters and other small appliances lasted decades too. Do you really have 20 pairs of shoes? My ain't old SBjet a dandy!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I'm close if you count all the flip flop and sandals. I'm in FL remember, so I also have about a dozen swimsuits in various states of decay. :)

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did, just couldn't resist.
Don't go the 26 route......you seem to be a standup guy who is reasonable, misguided on a few things, but reasonable....that's the BS your buddy used to do and had DR Rex prescribe removal from the PRF.....he never figured out his culpability in his decline.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts