Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
they ran on the river for 3 or 4 yrs. then they moved to a little lake outside of town it was a lot of fun in my old boat i took 2 1st places and 2 2nd places in 5 yrs lot of fun .now when we go close by we go to cheney (mudhole). we are going to beaver lake the week after the 4th

·
Registered
65 Posts
ain't from there but last week when I took my son up to Wyotech in Laramie we passed thru Fort Collins. Fort Collins sure looked like a party town and there looks like many lakes around there. Man, I bet that water is COLD !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FtCollins

Don't know anything about the place except it has a great college. We just went through on our way to Glendo for the 4th.

I know there are defiantly lakes around there just don't have the knowledge of them.

I am from the SoCal dessert, so anything below 80deg is cold to me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
fort collins
horsetooth reservoir i use to go there yrs ago was great the i guess the goverment
took over and you can guess the rest
having a drag boat in Colorado now, I feel like like I missed out by 15 years, I hear those were the days.
However nowadays, I always put in on the North end of Horsetooth Res...the Rangers just wave at me, I light the motor up...behave in the no wake zone...and then have FUN !!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Chatfield lake right off of C470 is the biggest closest lake around Denver, it sucks 45 MPH speed limit, noise controled, and clockwise traffic only.. I sold my TX before moving out here, not worth having a boat in this area. I am moving to Little Rock AR soon thank god.. Colorado SUCKS for boating. :mad:

·
Registered
443 Posts
having a drag boat in Colorado now, I feel like like I missed out by 15 years, I hear those were the days.
However nowadays, I always put in on the North end of Horsetooth Res...the Rangers just wave at me, I light the motor up...behave in the no wake zone...and then have FUN !!!![/QUOTESThats basically how they are down in Pueblo. The ramp zeebra muscle inspectors are always real nice and even let me cut in line as an example to the other boaters as to how to load and unload a boat in less than 30 seconds: My wife loads the boat, she's good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.