Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got notified from Sacramento that the Governor's May Revise Budget Proposal is targeting a consolidation of the Department of Boating and Waterways into Parks and Rec. This has been an on and off again drama ever since the state got itself into financial difficulty, but DBAW has always been able to sidestep the chopping block. This time it looks more serious -- DBAW is only one of many Departments looking to get the axe. How about this -- the Franchise Tax Board, the State Board of Equalization and the Employment Development Department being folded into one massive agency! Department of Fish and Game is slated to be eliminated and transferred to a new Department of Natural Resources and Wildlife. And my personal favorite, the Air Resources Board will swallow-up the Energy Commission, Public Utilities Commission, Resources Secretary, and Cal-EPA. Even the Bureau of Naturopathic Medicine is going to be eliminated (WTF is the Bureau of Naturopathic Medicine?).

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Gotta love government. No private company could ever fock things up at the level or speed these guys can.

I wonder if anyone in Sacramento ever stopped to consider the cost of welfare that goes to those who don't need it or the cost of people being supported here in the state that are illegal aliens. :)bulb

Of course those areas will never be touched cause that's that keeps these lunatics getting re-elected.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Yes sir.

Voters with no money and no drive to better themselves, have little to do and would never miss an entitlement election to continue the deluge of their free shit.

Plenty of career politicians know this to ever make "welfare" something given to responsible people, people who often don't vote.

Brian

Gotta love government. No private company could ever fock things up at the level or speed these guys can.

I wonder if anyone in Sacramento ever stopped to consider the cost of welfare that goes to those who don't need it or the cost of people being supported here in the state that are illegal aliens. :)bulb

Of course those areas will never be touched cause that's that keeps these lunatics getting re-elected.

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
No different than Arizona.

Although no one out here is talking about shutting down or transferring the AZ Game and Fish Department, they're practically shutting down Boating Safety, since the Legislature stole nearly ALL the money for Boating Safety, Enforcement, Education, and Boating Lake and Facilities Improvement.

And that includes all the money that most of you have spent on Registration Fees.

Instead of going to Boating interests, it's going to bail out the mismanagement of the lawmakers in Phoenix.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
So why doesn't the government call the registration fee what it is, a tax?

I know the answer really.....

No different than Arizona.

Although no one out here is talking about shutting down or transferring the AZ Game and Fish Department, they're practically shutting down Boating Safety, since the Legislature stole nearly ALL the money for Boating Safety, Enforcement, Education, and Boating Lake and Facilities Improvement.

And that includes all the money that most of you have spent on Registration Fees.

Instead of going to Boating interests, it's going to bail out the mismanagement of the lawmakers in Phoenix.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Lest it be GM or Chrysler:)hand

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Lest it be GM or Chrysler:)hand
Even they have nothin on government level of screwin shit up. Now that GM will be owned by the government that should get real intresting. Government nationalizing big business, it'll be great. :)eh:)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Add to this nonsense the 5000 people who got their 90 day notices last week, 3700 from corrections alone, oh yeah and let's not forget the additional 5, possibly 10 percent the bastard is trying to take from my paycheck, that'd be 20% in a 4 month span, not to mention the fact that I took a 15% cut to go to work for the state, the only thing that's safe so far is our retirement, so far

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Even they have nothin on government level of screwin shit up. Now that GM will be owned by the government that should get real intresting. Government nationalizing big business, it'll be great. :)eh:)

'Bout the same as the irs trying to run a cathouse in Nevada.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Governor Arnie just got through with a speech about California's fiscal problems to a joint session of the Legislature in Sacramento earlier today. Us boater's must have done something to really piss him off. He specifically named the Department of Boating and Waterways in his address as one of the agencies that needed to be eliminated and folded into Parks and Rec. My guess is he's not a boater!

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Governor Arnie just got through with a speech about California's fiscal problems to a joint session of the Legislature in Sacramento earlier today. Us boater's must have done something to really piss him off. He specifically named the Department of Boating and Waterways in his address as one of the agencies that needed to be eliminated and folded into Parks and Rec. My guess is he's not a boater!
My guess is more like it is easier to get the money from us "rich" "evil" boaters than it will be from the liberal bleeding heart groups such as welfare.

Brian

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
It will take a country-wide tea party with a class-action lawsuit for "misappropriation of funds" to right this ship, if it were even possible to bring suit.

All taxes, income, sales, federal, state, along with temp tax increases that never were ended, lottery funds....ect, the list goes on.

This shit has got to stop.

Brian

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
My guess would be because many of the liberal Sac. crowd probably view boating as frivolous and unnecessary and he would score points with them by cutting this one. Even though the most recent study showed it would save a net of only a few hundred thousand dollars against the multi billion dollar deficit. I'm sure they waste more than that on hundreds of less worthy expenditures. A few hundred grand in government speak is like you or I crying because we lost a dollar bill down the storm drain.

Say goodbye to the tax you pay on fuel at marinas to fund anything boat related or boat facility improvements. It will now be used to fund the support of illegal aliens and unnecessary and abused welfare draws.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
My guess would be because many of the liberal Sac. crowd probably view boating as frivolous and unnecessary and he would score points with them by cutting this one. Even though the most recent study showed it would save a net of only a few hundred thousand dollars against the multi billion dollar deficit. I'm sure they waste more than that on hundreds of less worthy expenditures. A few hundred grand in government speak is like you or I crying because we lost a dollar bill down the storm drain.

Say goodbye to the tax you pay on fuel at marinas to fund anything boat related or boat facility improvements. It will now be used to fund the support of illegal aliens and unnecessary and abused welfare draws like the rest of our taxes and its other name, fees.
Fixed it up for you Rexie.

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
I thinking that since a lot of reponded to petitions when Department of Boating and Waterways was under fire they saw a "rich" bunch of folks that cared about something. Makes for a good group to piss off

·
Registered
409 Posts
I remember once, years ago, the Feds closed Lake Mead. I pulled the barriers and launched anyway. Sure enough, a Ranger tracked me down, by boat yet. Seems some of them were working. Hope this doesn't happen again. Hate it when they save me from myself

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

We have a WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts