Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man. Talk about a move on the rail.

Did any one else see the "helicopter" view?

That was some of the best riding I have ever seen in 40 years of watching horse racing.
Surgical move on the rail.

2nd biggest upset in 135 Years of the Kentucky Derby!

Superfecta paid $557,000.00 on a $2.00 bet, not that anyone was able to pick it!

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Typically I follow the race closely and know who's running. This year I paid little attention and didn't even look at the horses beforehand. Watched it anyway and figured it would be an open field with the favorite scratching. But nothing like what we saw!!!!

Amazing ride and an amazing horse. The trainer pulled the horse in a trailer from New Mexico and he blew everybody away.....And I've never seen anybody as happy and excited as the Jockey. Great race.:D

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A mile and a 1/4, on mud, really changes things up. I don't have the stats on what horses entered have ran that distance, but the distance is what really changes things up for many horses. This, I think, coupled with the conditions is what set this up.
Plus the fact that it is the Jockeys' home track.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
From the time that horse got squeezed out on the start he turned it on and ran the same speed right to the end. He was faster than every horse beginning to end. He had two things going for him, he was the fastest horse and he ran the shortest distance around the track. That there was some good horse racing....

I think the horse I picked is scheduled to finish sometime this afternoon......

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Absolutely amazing!...in the last vid even in the slow motion you could see him turn it on and walk the pack! great race!

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
On any given day!!!!

I coached football for many years and always professed "I would far prefer a competitor to an athlete on my team." This horse is a true competitor!

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
On any given day!!!!

I coached football for many years and always professed "I would far prefer a competitor to an athlete on my team." This horse is a true competitor!
Yes he is, and it was cool that the trainer gave credit to the guy in Canada who got him qualified to run in the Derby. That horse has heart it will be interesting to see what happens this year for the Triple Crown.

S CP :D

·
Banned
1,517 Posts
Pretty cool how he turned and waived as he was running away from them

·
boatless
634 Posts
I had $30 on Mine that Bird!! AND was there LIVE watching in utter amazment at his win!! 50-1.... GREAT race... that horse owned that race!
Whats up witht he english guy announcing the race??? reeetarded!
Thankfully we had no rain as much as the track was "sloppy".
If youve never been you really need to go and experience this event live.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had $30 on Mine that Bird!! AND was there LIVE watching in utter amazment at his win!! 50-1.... GREAT race... that horse owned that race!
Whats up witht he english guy announcing the race??? reeetarded!
Thankfully we had no rain as much as the track was "sloppy".
If youve never been you really need to go and experience this event live.

NICE!!

I loved how he moved around the one horse then got right back on the rail.

·
boatless
634 Posts
NICE!!

I loved how he moved around the one horse then got right back on the rail.
It was just a "feeling" bet.... but to see him slingshot down the rail... damn... you had to be there and hear the deafining roar of the crowd.
My friend and I were going crazy.... everyone else around us is like WTF...
then we spilled it that we had a winning ticket.... fockin hilarious!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts