Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Aeromotive 11101 pump and filter Assembly. Have blown BB. Thinking I need a fuel return to two tanks and a Boost referenced fuel regulator?? Any help would be appreciated thanxs david.

Part Number:AEI-11101Free Flow Rate:600 lbs./hr.Maximum Pressure (psi):90 psiInlet Size:-10 ANInlet Quantity:SingleInlet Attachment:Female threadsOutlet Size:-10 ANOutlet Quantity:SingleOutlet Attachment:Female threads

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have a Aeromotive 11101 pump and filter Assembly. Have blown BB. Thinking I need a fuel return to two tanks and a Boost referenced fuel regulator?? Any help would be appreciated thanxs david.

Part Number:AEI-11101Free Flow Rate:600 lbs./hr.Maximum Pressure (psi):90 psiInlet Size:-10 ANInlet Quantity:SingleInlet Attachment:Female threadsOutlet Size:-10 ANOutlet Quantity:SingleOutlet Attachment:Female threads
This will be totally cool and $$$
Wags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Why do you need to return to two tanks?
I had twin tanks in a river blown jet piece. The easiest way to run was a gauge in one tank. A transfer pump (small) in the secondary tank. When sitting and having a beer, turn on the transfer pump, watch the gauge. Worked pretty easy.
That way, return fuel to only one tank.

Boost referenced regulator? Gas I assume? Why. Keep fuel pressure up (no problem with that pump), properly jet, and go for it.
Wags

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or is this an electronic FI piece. I assumed carbs. Maybe not
Wags
8-71 twin dominators on gas. Has two SS 20 gallon saddle tanks. The current way too small mechanical pump draws out of both tanks simutaniously although it has two sending units?? thought if I get fuel from both tanks I could return it to both tanks through a distribution block to keep tanks ballanced. Do I need a boost referenced regulator?? I'm all ears to advise. thanxs david

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just plumb the return line back to the feed line in front of the pump. I have been running the same pump on my twin turbo motor and have it set up this way. Just put the return line as far as possible away from the pump inlet.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Just plumb the return line back to the feed line in front of the pump. I have been running the same pump on my twin turbo motor and have it set up this way. Just put the return line as far as possible away from the pump inlet.
I have been told this can airate the fuel.?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I don't remember the part number for my regulator, but yes leave the reference port open don't cap it just leave it open

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
Just split the return line back to each tank. I'm using -10 into regulator. -8 out of regulator into a -6 tee. -6 back to each tank.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My current setup has a line from each tank to a T-fitting then directly to the pump. There wouldn't be much distance after the T before the line goes into the pump.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Just split the return line back to each tank. I'm using -10 into regulator. -8 out of regulator into a -6 tee. -6 back to each tank.
You idea is 100%:)devil
Be alot nicer if he used the 11202 and a standard 4 port reg for his dual carbs though. Problem with that pump is killing 40 sum psi through a regulator.

·
Registered
879 Posts

That will work fine as long as you're pulling fuel from both tanks, but if you have a switching valve it will overfill the tank you'e not drawing from.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
I'm running a efi pump with a 4 port reg. Dual Doms. Filter, pump and regulator is all SX. http://www.sx-performance.com/ Someday I'm going to ditch the carbs and convert that hat to EFI.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
That will work fine as long as you're pulling fuel from both tanks, but if you have a switching valve it will overfill the tank you'e not drawing from.
Yes, I'm pulling from both tanks. No valve. -10 from both tanks to a -10 tee. -10 to the pump. Been running it this way for three years.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
You idea is 100%:)devil
Be alot nicer if he used the 11202 and a standard 4 port reg for his dual carbs though. Problem with that pump is killing 40 sum psi through a regulator.
I called Aeromotive on that pump ,11202, and they would only recommend that pump running continuously for about 15 min with a by-pass. shorter time without. This is a lake boat.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
Boost referece Regualtors are for blown through carbs. You don't need it on a blower.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I called Aeromotive on that pump ,11202, and they would only recommend that pump running continuously for about 15 min with a by-pass. shorter time without. This is a lake boat.
Thats strange because I have run them for hours. What reg did they recommend to you?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts