Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Ultimate Squirter
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update Diamond in the rough rebuild

Well here it is, my new project. I was searching craigslist in just about every city possible for a TX-19 that needed some tlc. I am from Iowa and the performance boating scene here is pretty non-existent unless you own a Baa-Haa. I knew from the get go that I would have to search far and away to find what I wanted and I was more than willing to do so. After hours and hours of of nothing but dissapointment I stumbled across an ad on thr St. Louis Craigslist that read: For Sale 1980 Jettboat 700.00, now normally I would not have clicked on ads like this because they always seemed to be the wanna-be jet boats like Sea-Doo, Yamaha, etc. But this one was a little different and heres what I ended up purchasing for a mere 500.00 including a raggedy old trailer. I will keep you posted on my project and any feedback would be more than welcomed. It needs a lot of work but in my opinion it is well worth it!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Awesome Find ,Presistance pays off, and it helps that you new what you were
looking for, Because the original ad pictures of that boat didn't show enough to tell what it was. But you figured it out and got the deal. Post some more pics as you make some progress.:)devil
Pops

·
NW Spectraholic
588 Posts
That looks like a pretty good project. Needs a lot of work, but should be a real nice ride when it's done. ;)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Looks like you will be staying busy for awhile. I also have a project thats be going on for what it seems like a decade :D

Keep us posted on your progress , i like it already :)devil

Congrats............

·
Just Me
4,072 Posts
Nice project. Where are you located in Iowa? I agree finding performance boats is like looking for hen's teeth around these parts.

·
Ultimate Squirter
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am located in Dubuque on the west end ... and thanks to everyone for the support its greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
I am located in Dubuque on the west end ... and thanks to everyone for the support its greatly appreciated.
oh dont be so nice give it time you will become familiar with the guys on here and start dishing it out too..lol..good luck..:D just dont do what some people do and spend your time here and not build that thing..

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
For a $500 hull and trailer, new sticks in the floor would almost be a necessity, IMO of corse. Very nice find! any ideas on color or how far of a resto are you planning on going?
Todd

·
Just Me
4,072 Posts
There is at least one other person here on the boards that runs the pool up there in Dubuque. I can't remember his name. I'm down in Keokuk. I was stationed up in Clinton but, as luck has it, I move back to Keokuk and more boaters start showing up where I just left. If you need a hand sometime let me know. Dubuque isn't that far away, and I can always tell my boss I'm trying to get you to enlist. (that was a joke unless you want to enlist) As for the pic with the broken stringer, I'd plan on replacing it. There is no sense in doing it half way and putting your safety at risk.

·
Registered
243 Posts
dad here are the pics of the broken stringer lemme know what you think
You can fix that Liked we talked aboutCut out the bad section and re laminate and set another 1" Stringer on the outside of the old ones and replace the broken section and do a full wrap over the whole works. You will end up with a 2" stringer on both sides when your Done. Pops. Tyler says waz up :)devil

·
Registered
243 Posts
There is at least one other person here on the boards that runs the pool up there in Dubuque. I can't remember his name. I'm down in Keokuk. I was stationed up in Clinton but, as luck has it, I move back to Keokuk and more boaters start showing up where I just left. If you need a hand sometime let me know. Dubuque isn't that far away, and I can always tell my boss I'm trying to get you to enlist. (that was a joke unless you want to enlist) As for the pic with the broken stringer, I'd plan on replacing it. There is no sense in doing it half way and putting your safety at risk.
He is in east Dubuque Ill. and his name is Donnie Kroll He also has aTX-19
Tell em Jay said Hi:)hand

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts
Well here it is, my new project. I was searching craigslist in just about every city possible for a TX-19 that needed some tlc. I am from Iowa and the performance boating scene here is pretty non-existent unless you own a Baa-Haa. I knew from the get go that I would have to search far and away to find what I wanted and I was more than willing to do so. After hours and hours of of nothing but dissapointment I stumbled across an ad on thr St. Louis Craigslist that read: For Sale 1980 Jettboat 700.00, now normally I would not have clicked on ads like this because they always seemed to be the wanna-be jet boats like Sea-Doo, Yamaha, etc. But this one was a little different and heres what I ended up purchasing for a mere 500.00 including a raggedy old trailer. I will keep you posted on my project and any feedback would be more than welcomed. It needs a lot of work but in my opinion it is well worth it!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with the project! What's the power you got in mind fer her?:)hand

·
Registered
174 Posts
good find, its nice to see someone with some vision on what a boat can/will look like when enough love is given to it. reminds me of mine when we first got it:D

Attachments

·
Ultimate Squirter
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Progress on the first day!!!

Well I have a made a little progress on the boat in the first day of owning her. I got the bulkheads and side supports all cut out and i have removed the pump and all the hardware and accessories ie: steering, gauges, wiring, etc I am now debating on whether or not to cut the top off so it would be easier to fix the stringers and the half-a$$ patch job they did on the front just underneath the bow. I also need to throw new wood in the transom and reglass over that. I really dont want to cut the top off but it seems like it would be much easier with it removed especially since under the deck there is a bunch of that expanding spray foam that is being a pain-in-my-a$$ to get out. Well im going to get back to work and ill let you know what progress i make today.. And hows it going Ty did you get your cell phone back yet???

·
Registered
957 Posts
I wouldnt cut the cap off, chances are the stringers are good up under the deck unless the boat has been sunk, which maybe it has but if you can avoid it i would cut the cap off. I would cut both the stringers all the way out, i wouldnt try to sand.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts