Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I purched my first boat....it's a 86 21 ft Kachina (don't know what kind though a daycruiser or whatever other styles ther are...I dont know the differnce, how can I tell) .....anyways, it has a stock Ford 460 with a marine card (4 br Holley) and distributor with inbore headers. It has a Berkeley 12jg jet with a jetovator (gives me a prety good rooster tail). It came with a double axle trailer in very well working conditions, binini top, 7 life jackets, marine fire extinguisher, paddles, anchor, CD player, 2 Optima batteries, 2 15 gallon fuel tanks, all new guages, and the hull is intact. Boat runs like a champ and I got it up to 58 MPH which is cool with me cuz I just wanted a cruiser for the family. I paid a whopping $2500 for it and I didn't have to do anything to it...it was turn key rready and already took it out 4 times and no problems....the only thing I did to it was install a 4 degree wedge for a little more rooster tail. SO WHAT DO U GUYS THINK............did I get a good deal since this is my first jet boat and I'm new to the jet boating world and loving it.

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
lets see pics. If you and your family are having a great time on the water you really cant put a price tag on that.

Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
About a month ago I purched my first boat....it's a 86 21 ft Kachina (don't know what kind though a daycruiser or whatever other styles ther are...I dont know the differnce, how can I tell) .....anyways, it has a stock Ford 460 with a marine card (4 br Holley) and distributor with inbore headers. It has a Berkeley 12jg jet with a jetovator (gives me a prety good rooster tail). It came with a double axle trailer in very well working conditions, binini top, 7 life jackets, marine fire extinguisher, paddles, anchor, CD player, 2 Optima batteries, 2 15 gallon fuel tanks, all new guages, and the hull is intact. Boat runs like a champ and I got it up to 58 MPH which is cool with me cuz I just wanted a cruiser for the family. I paid a whopping $2500 for it and I didn't have to do anything to it...it was turn key rready and already took it out 4 times and no problems....the only thing I did to it was install a 4 degree wedge for a little more rooster tail. SO WHAT DO U GUYS THINK............did I get a good deal since this is my first jet boat and I'm new to the jet boating world and loving it.
Killer Deal Congratulations Welcome to PB ! Tom

·
Registered
354 Posts
looks like a great find! but like 429 said you cant put a price on what makes you happy. I will tell you I paid alot more for mine but I have a blast with it.

·
186 Posts
you didn't...

get screwed at all- I paid around the same for mine and still had to do some glasswork find an engine, exhaust, and go through the pump. I think you did darned good.

I'm in South GA and boats like these are very rare where I'm at down here.
Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
for 2500 bones just have fun.

If it runs is relaible and doesnt sink you're way ahead.

You will find your fun per dollar ratio wont go much higher than this in the boating world.

Uncle Dave

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Under 3k with good upholstery, a diverter, non leaky tanks, etc.
Enjoy it, because you sir made a fine purchase.
I bet a little buffer action on that gel coat will really make it pop

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gel coat

A buddy of mine already hit it with a buffer and some special stuff for gel coat and it came out great but then got dull again after my first trip to the lake. Any suggestions without having to re-gel coat it??? I'll take all the advise I can get

Under 3k with good upholstery, a diverter, non leaky tanks, etc.
Enjoy it, because you sir made a fine purchase.
I bet a little buffer action on that gel coat will really make it pop

·
Registered
829 Posts
A buddy of mine already hit it with a buffer and some special stuff for gel coat and it came out great but then got dull again after my first trip to the lake. Any suggestions without having to re-gel coat it??? I'll take all the advise I can get

nice pics at 24th & B.

i picked up some polish that works ready good. bring it over to see if it works. mag stuff usually doesnt work.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
wet sand then buff it and it will hold its shine

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
thats a solid boat, you bought it from Dan Haygood correct? my buddy Tippy sold it to him a couple years ago whe he bought his 21' deck. great boat for sure, awesome price!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts