Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to thread a tube/rod, it measures 0.434". I was looking at charts on the net and their are plenty of drill charts but i'm not seeing anything really for die charts. Some of these charts have a "Major Diameter" column and i'm wondering if that is whats used for the die? If that's the case it looks like a 7/16-32 would work for this size. I don't have that size die but do have a 7/16-20 but holding it up it doesn't look right. I'm looking for fine threads reason i'm thinking of going with a -32. Can any of you master machinists out there help me out! There will be no load on this, it's just to screw on a small attachment.

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
I'm looking to thread a tube/rod, it measures 0.434". I was looking at charts on the net and their are plenty of drill charts but i'm not seeing anything really for die charts. Some of these charts have a "Major Diameter" column and i'm wondering if that is whats used for the die? If that's the case it looks like a 7/16-32 would work for this size. I don't have that size die but do have a 7/16-20 but holding it up it doesn't look right. I'm looking for fine threads reason i'm thinking of going with a -32. Can any of you master machinists out there help me out! There will be no load on this, it's just to screw on a small attachment.
If the OD measures .434... then either 7/16 will thread fine... just a couple thou smaller, no big deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts