Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electric over hydraulic Place diverter nozzle control switch diodes. Can I buy them at Radio Shack? And if the answer is yes, how do I call out the P/N?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm in the process of building a sealed switching unit for mounting on my steering wheel and to buy what they have won't really work. Do you have the wiring diagram with the values?

I have been looking for the digram that came with it.. but damn if i can find it... let me keep looking...

·
B1 Racing
6,261 Posts
I hear radio shack has them, I get them at a good electrical supply. We have a place local called Marvac.

Burnt up alot of diodes for some reason, went to relays on the last one we did.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
Mark, there should be a part number on the diodes you currently have. If you post it, I can look up the current rating and give you a Radio Shack part number for it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Doides are pretty much rated for PIV (Peak inverse voltage) and load carrying capacity. If someone were to cut the shrink wrap off one, you should be able to cross reference the part number.

I would think, and just thinking out loud, that the ones Radio Shack used to carry in the same area as their bridge rectifiers would work fine. Big fat ones, about 1/4-3/8 in diameter. I was a DSM for them for 13 years, but that was 10 years ago. If I remember right, their SKU number was 276-1149. Don't hold me to that though.

Ray

Edit, as far as wiring them, easy! Use an Ohmmeter and check continuity. One way they flow, the other way, no flow.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.