Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to switch from regular cable to satellite and was wondering who had better service?

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
I think on west coast Directv is better and east coast Dish Network.
Cant get NFL network on Dish though.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I have Dish Network and like it. Don't know about Direct TV. With satellite you will lose contact in a heavy rain storm. It doesn't happen often.

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
DirecTV has all new wiring and only requires a single line coming into the house like your cable. I have had both and DirecTV is a better system. As far as programming, that's of individual taste.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
They both have "introductory pricing" that is attractive. Find out what it costs when the special is gone and how long the specials last. I've had Dish Network for years but even they can't tell me what my price should be so every time my price goes up again, I tell then I'll just cancel and they offer me another "deal" to keep me.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
IMO, there is no comparison. I have used both and Direct TV is by far better.
It may be more $, but there is a good reason for it.

Far more user friendly, far more advanced equipment, more standard HD channels.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Yes you can. Either that or somehow I am pirating a signal from somewhere :)eh:)

I think it's called NFL Sunday Ticket that I have also. Shows all the games being played in separate boxes on the screen and you can just change the sound from whichever game you want.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
No comparison dish has was less channels, the picture quality is no where as good..i have dish now and as soon as we move i will never have dish again..I am seriously suprised they dont get sued for false advertising..most of the hd channels either are only on once a month or are duplucates, i bet if i could get rid of all the ad channels, music and duplicates i would have 1/4 of the channels i had with directv..

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Read ANY contract and record any phone conversation, DISH has the ability to raise the "programing fe" and any time to any amount, BE AWARE! If you can FIOS< grab it

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Just dumped time warner last week after 3 years of them not getting their shit together with a picture that would not tile or lock up all the time, then came the price increase and the call to Direct TV, way better picture and the HD is no comparison to the T/W junk! Had Dish years ago and would not go with them again.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i have dish network now but had direct for several years. my neighbor had the direct dealership but changed to dish. i changed when he did. if i have a problem i can get help within minutes. i liked the programing guide on direct better. more informative.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I can tell you without a doubt hands down U-Verse is the best but remember you have to deal with ATT which is always a real treat!

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
I like the flexability of having DirecTV. I put a box at the cabin and Motorhome and cost me only $5 a box extra.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you to everyone who responded , I will be calling Direct TV in the very near future!

You guys were a huge help!

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
A channel that Directv dropped is my daughters favorite so I can't drop my cable just yet. Dish has it and I've been wanting to ditch cable. Reluctant to switch to Dish though.
I do have one of my fathers DTV receivers here at the house just so I can double the dvr capacity in my house.
So question is if I take this receiver with me to Havasu from SoCal will it get the local tv stations for Az or for my SoCal home?

·
Registered
161 Posts
same programming nationwide with either one, other than locals.??? NFL network is on dish, so is NFL redzone. dish does not have nfl sunday ticket, only DTV after promotion nfl ticket is pushing $300.00 a year in HD.

·
Registered
161 Posts
DirecTV has all new wiring and only requires a single line coming into the house like your cable. I have had both and DirecTV is a better system. As far as programming, that's of individual taste.
dish has had a single coax for 2 rooms or tuners for years. direct just recently. dish doesnt need a box for 2nd room and so its free.

·
Registered
161 Posts
No comparison dish has was less channels, the picture quality is no where as good..i have dish now and as soon as we move i will never have dish again..I am seriously suprised they dont get sued for false advertising..most of the hd channels either are only on once a month or are duplucates, i bet if i could get rid of all the ad channels, music and duplicates i would have 1/4 of the channels i had with directv..
actually dish has more channels, and more local markets, a few less sports packages like sunday ticket. dish compresses HD programming less and has a better picture. both bend the truth about number of HD channels but dish has more individule channels in hd. direct counts sports packages that are only on during games and counts ppv's as channels. for similar packages after promotional pricing dish is slightly cheaper and 2nd room is free. if your picture is now worse i see systems installed all the time that arent set to hd in the set up menu's.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Read ANY contract and record any phone conversation, DISH has the ability to raise the "programing fe" and any time to any amount, BE AWARE! If you can FIOS< grab it
dish has a price freeze in effect on all standard packages. started a year ago and continues thru feb 2013. all providers can raise fees whenever unless they give you rate freezes. programmers are raising there rates substantially to all providers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A channel that Directv dropped is my daughters favorite so I can't drop my cable just yet. Dish has it and I've been wanting to ditch cable. Reluctant to switch to Dish though.
I do have one of my fathers DTV receivers here at the house just so I can double the dvr capacity in my house.
So question is if I take this receiver with me to Havasu from SoCal will it get the local tv stations for Az or for my SoCal home?
the programming is based on your accounts location(zip code) so no the locals do not change when you move the box unless you change your address as well.

you may still receive your so cal locals in havi. all locals are now spot beemed to the area with appx 150 mile window so they may work. i believe the LA majors abc nbc cbs fox may still be conus(nationwide) but not the independants.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts