Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today a federal judge dismissed the case against Cliven Bundy,his two sons and Ryan Payne.The case was dismissed with prejudice meaning it may not be brought before the court again.

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
Today a federal judge dismissed the case against Cliven Bundy,his two sons and Ryan Payne.The case was dismissed with prejudice meaning it may not be brought before the court again.
There must be a New Sheriff in town :D

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Give it a break, they were on Federal land illegally and ignored demands to leave, plus a whole host of other violations including destruction of Government property.
The entire group was wrong and violated numerous laws, or does than not matter to you guys.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
My basic understanding of this incident is that it is related to Federal vs State vs Local control; My old-style conservative belief is that all situations/laws, etc should be handled at the most local level......I believe you new "Conservatives" have a somewhat different interpretation, mainly from observing how the GOP has rushed to create laws over in Oklahoma to protect the OIL industry from any......."Aggression".....from locals when their houses are knocked down by earthquakes caused by Fraking.....Whoops, I mean "Act of god".....

So now...."Always LOCAL control- unless OIL industry profits are threatened!"

The changing face of Conservatism.....(I thought conservatism meant NOT changing.......)

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Post 10-Diversion,twist and shout,and bat shit crazy ALERT
No, CVXJET is absolutely correct about Oklahoma. Texas has done the same.
In Texas, After several cities passed ordinances that restricted fracking and or injection wells within their city limits, the Texas Republican legislators immediately passed a bill saying the cities had no authority to regulate such matters, even though it was within the city limits, and only the state had that right. The State took away the city's rights that had been in place for decades, to please the drilling industry.

CVXJET is correct that Republican legislators are two faced. Texas politicians have pursued numerous law suits against the Federal Government proclaiming it should be local control. The cities have to bow before the State regulations. In Fort Worth there is a comprehensive zoning Ordinance that regulates Zoning matters. About 10 years ago they passed a Gas Drilling Ordinance whereby the Drillers have different and less restrictive regulations than other businesses. They can and do ignore all Comprehensive Zoning Laws. The Fort Worth City Council is predominantly Republican.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well that may be true and good or not,but fracking in ok and tx?
I just don't see what that has to do with the Bundys in oregon and nevada,and their case dismissed.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Well that may be true and good or not,but fracking in ok and tx?
I just don't see what that has to do with the Bundys in oregon and nevada,and their case dismissed.

CVXJET started, "My basic understanding of this incident is that it is related to Federal vs State vs Local control," in Post 10.
Then you posted, "
Post 10-Diversion, twist and shout, and bat shit crazy ALERT."

I provided an example of what has taken place regarding how the Republicans are handling the Federal, State and Local regulation issue In one instance they claim it should be left to the local authorities, but when it comes to the local authorities determining the regulation, if it's Oil or gas related, the local authorities are over ridden by the State.

In the case of Bundy, they were on Federal land and violated Federal regulations.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CVXJET started, "My basic understanding of this incident is that it is related to Federal vs State vs Local control," in Post 10.
Then you posted, "
Post 10-Diversion, twist and shout, and bat shit crazy ALERT."

I provided an example of what has taken place regarding how the Republicans are handling the Federal, State and Local regulation issue In one instance they claim it should be left to the local authorities, but when it comes to the local authorities determining the regulation, if it's Oil or gas related, the local authorities are over ridden by the State.

In the case of Bundy, they were on Federal land and violated Federal regulations.
Federal judge doesn't agree.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts