Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many PBers are displaying the flag this weekend? If so, here is some flag etiquette......

Some people like to display flags 24 hours a day, year round. Flag etiquette states that the flag should be properly illuminated at night and taken in during foul weather. The flag should be lighted at all times, either by sunlight or by an appropriate light source.

The flag is flown at half-mast until noon on Memorial Day.
(didn't know this one!)

Ken

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Fly your flags

"The flag is flown at half-mast until noon on Memorial Day.
(didn't know this one!)"

Me either. Makes sence though.
I also have flag decals on my boat, truck and motorcycle. I will be flying a flag this weekend. Al

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just replaced my flag yesterday, it was getting shredded by the constant Norco wind. Mine's up everyday.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Flag is out with a light on it after hours. For me this is a special time, it would be the anniversary of a friends' son, Sgt. Kenny Schall of Arizona. Kenny served our country in Iraq. He died in service May 22nd 2005. His family has put together a great tribute and golf tournament to raise funds for local high school students.
Go to www.kennyschallmemorial.com to see more info.

I know most of you on the boards have been in some way effected by this war. This family is just one of hundreds who have given their lives to better our world. Kenny was a great young man, not to be forgotton. My company, the largest liquor distributor in Arizona (Alliance-Beverage)sponsored one of the golf tournaments to raise money for the Kenny Schall Memorial funds. I could not be prouder to work for a company that cares so much for family and the future of our country.
Please take time to say a silent prayer or thank a veteran for his or her service.
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Flag

How many PBers are displaying the flag this weekend? If so, here is some flag etiquette......

Some people like to display flags 24 hours a day, year round. Flag etiquette states that the flag should be properly illuminated at night and taken in during foul weather. The flag should be lighted at all times, either by sunlight or by an appropriate light source.

The flag is flown at half-mast until noon on Memorial Day.
(didn't know this one!)

Ken
I think it is "Half Staff". A mast is on a ship? :)bulb Good info though!!! I always display the colors. :)devil

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
The flag is always flying at my house. God Bless America

·
5149 1/2
1,407 Posts
I always fly the flag. For those that have sacrificed for our freedom and those brothers and sisters that have fallen in the line of duty protecting life and property.

·
1,278 Posts
24/7 year around, on my Papas flag pole that stood in Compton Calif. for many many years.
He migrated from Mexico and PROUDLY flew his flag. My uncles fought and were hurt in several wars protecting our freedom.
My father past down this flag pole with graet pride. He too still flies his flag 24/7.
Bless our vets...

·
Registered
8 Posts
The flag is proudly waving in front of our house every day of the year. Long may that banner wave.

On this special day we thank all past and present veterans alive and deceased for their service to our country. Freedom isn't free; it was paid for by the unselfish men and women in our armed forces.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts