Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
#245 ITT
233 Posts
That's a good question. I'd guess and say it's about 35 miles.

·
6,873 Posts
Don't know how correct the sign is in Moabi, But it says 27 to needles and 25 to channel, So I would say 52

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
65 miles?!?! damn! my guess was 25-30.

i did this venture in my 19' jet boat on saturday.....we drove to the sand bar to find it was closed so we decided to continue on to the channel. when we got there, it was raining so we made a pass, filled up at the marina then went back through the channel and headed back to needles. maybe in havasu for no more then 30-45 minutes.

needless to say, my ass and back hurt.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts

i did this venture in my 19' jet boat on saturday.....we drove to the sand bar to find it was closed so we decided to continue on to the channel. when we got there, it was raining so we made a pass, filled up at the marina then went back through the channel and headed back to needles. maybe in havasu for no more then 30-45 minutes.

33 miles based on Bullhead Bully's calculations. No way it is 65 miles.

Mike

·
Registered
386 Posts

Saw you making your way threw the mess that was the channel on Saturday. I was going the other way and tried to get your attention but couldn't. Your boat looked great.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wasnt there a thread on here about gas milage a few weeks ago and i came to the conclusion i get less 2 miles a gallon? Im not sure if i even care anymore how far it is to Needles!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Saw you making your way threw the mess that was the channel on Saturday. I was going the other way and tried to get your attention but couldn't. Your boat looked great.
thanks!

heres some pics from our venture...

floating between moabi and jack smith...

topock

gorge...

bridge...

channel traffic...

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
So how much further to Black Meadows

So we got 31-33 miles from Needles to the Channel, how much more to BM. In the near future myself and a few peeps from the park in Needles are going to BM in the early morning for breakfast(restaurant still open?), then back to the channel. If anyone's interested let me know, just in the early planning stages.

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
So we got 31-33 miles from Needles to the Channel, how much more to BM. In the near future myself and a few peeps from the park in Needles are going to BM in the early morning for breakfast(restaurant still open?), then back to the channel. If anyone's interested let me know, just in the early planning stages.
69 miles for BHC to Parker Dam ....BML is about 5 to 8 miles less

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i figure im getting a little less then 2 mpg

i got two 15 gallon tanks...topped off before we launched.....topped it off with 16 gallons in at the marina FOR $4.95/gallon!....(i honestly expected worse, but still)....and it was 3/8's full when we got back up to needles.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts