Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fear my marriage may be heading towards a divorce. She's saying the spark is gone, somethings missing ect ect, gonna try the counseling bit see if we can work things out. We only pretty much have debt to split if it happens, anyone here have and suggestions for how to handle this nonsense cleanly?

Any words of advice from those who have experience in this realm? Only been together 2 years, 5 total. I'm a freaken wreck and she doesn't seem phased. :(:(

~Brian

P.s. I am keeping the friggen boat, no way no how that its goin anywhere. heh.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Been in your shoes, but 7 years for us. Once the lady has changed her mind its probably changed for good. Get YOUR affairs in order and hide as much liquid cash as possible. Go to the therapist and all the other jazz.......it gives you longer to hide money.:D

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
I fear my marriage may be heading towards a divorce. She's saying the spark is gone, somethings missing ect ect, gonna try the counseling bit see if we can work things out. We only pretty much have debt to split if it happens, anyone here have and suggestions for how to handle this nonsense cleanly?

Any words of advice from those who have experience in this realm? Only been together 2 years, 5 total. I'm a freaken wreck and she doesn't seem phased. :(:(

~Brian

What community property do you have together and are you two civial - I have been threw two of these problem free .. I have lots of advise

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Stay as far away from lawyers as possible. Mine took 3 years to finalize but we remained civil the entire time when things got intense we would take a break and come back to dealing with it when tempers had subsided.

Sad thing is "The spark is gone" usually means "the spark is somewhere else" :(

a good friend of mine once said...nobody goes nowhere.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Simply put...It is a business decision now and you need to take your emotions out of it. Easier said than done but if you can keep the emotions out then this can be terminated as painless as possible for both of you.

I don't believe in the silly games and shit like that. If you both do what is right it can be done like adults.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Realize that if it happens, that divorce is a buisness, and dont let your emotions get in the way.

It sounds like she has already lost the spark, so dont be the super nice guy trying to win her back and give up everything:|err

Been there, done that:)st

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

~Brian

Be a man and walk away from it. You stay in there and try to work it out, you'll only prolong your misery. I can read between the lines and tell you what exactly is going on, but I'm sure you already know deep down. She has lost all respect for you and won't get it back (if in fact you were a good husband) until she gets her teeth knocked down her throat a few times from more failed relationships. Never ever show your weak side in this. Get the fukk out and don't look back.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Stay as far away from lawyers as possible. Mine took 3 years to finalize but we remained civil the entire time when things got intense we would take a break and come back to dealing with it when tempers had subsided.

This is so true... especially with women...

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts

I was thinking the samething Bill - but didn't want to plant the seed - Good job on that one lol

Treat your divorce like a Business deal - Calm , cool and collected . Keep your emotions at bay . Don't try to screw her out of anything - it will come back to bite you ..

If your going to do it - go to the courthouse and do it threw family services .

Anything you have is still both of yours until the day the divorce is finial .

Pay off as much debt you can with community property , Or place a value on item and divide it up ( shares so to speak ) you can haggle for what you truely want and its easy to understand

I was very lucky with both my divorces . my first went off with out a hithc we did not have anything - child support is 152. a month and bennies - split cost on everything .

second Owned a house sold it when we decided to split and paid off all the bills - gave her half of what was left and i kept half - boat was mine before .

You two are the only ones that know its over . I would encourage couples to stay together and try . It just doesn't happen now adays ... Life isn't any better or worse being single - you just have no one to awnser to ... god i hate waking up with different women ... Just remember Boat= fun !!!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im in California. Everything I owned was purchased before the marriage, like my house etc. However we re-financed a while back and now it is in both of our names. Other than that there is no liquid cash, she done spent it all already.

As for nobody goes nowhere, that is a hunch I am sitting on, but not voicing. It happened twice when we were dating so who knows whats going on now.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Invite Ratso,Rio and Lucky to the best restaurant in your area,relax and listen.:D
You can give all the advice in the world, but people rarely take it...
I've been through this so many times, it's as simple as first grade math.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
You can give all the advice in the world, but people rarely take it...
I've been through this so many times, it's as simple as first grade math.
hey
captain :) :D # 6 right !!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Im in California. Everything I owned was purchased before the marriage, like my house etc. However we re-financed a while back and now it is in both of our names. Other than that there is no liquid cash, she done spent it all already.

As for nobody goes nowhere, that is a hunch I am sitting on, but not voicing. It happened twice when we were dating so who knows whats going on now.
Chicks like that don't change... Trust me...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And we are civil, she just doesn't seem in the game anymore. Luckily we have no kids, were trying for them but nothing yet, thank god.

1 - 20 of 416 Posts