Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hoping everyone is ok after the shaker? didnt feel a thing down here but our time is coming. :confused:

·
Registered
939 Posts
quake

We have 85,000 ft of warehouse in American Canyon. Full of wine, spirits, barrels, and glass. only damage we had was two bottle on a table for a relabel project.

Having a new building, racks bolted to the floor, and all wth wine wrapped tightly saved our ass.

We are building 136,000 ft next door. supposed to stand up the walls on Sept 8th. They may not happen now. Inspectors are all over the place. I can wait.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Just about shook me out of bed in Vallejo. No damage to my place but the older buildings in town got tore up. 100s of broken windows. Thankful it was not worse.

·
Registered
272 Posts
We have 85,000 ft of warehouse in American Canyon. Full of wine, spirits, barrels, and glass. only damage we had was two bottle on a table for a relabel project.

Having a new building, racks bolted to the floor, and all wth wine wrapped tightly saved our ass.

We are building 136,000 ft next door. supposed to stand up the walls on Sept 8th. They may not happen now. Inspectors are all over the place. I can wait.

Jerry

We were praying for you and your goods!:))THumbsUp

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts

Jerry

We just inspected a building yesterday there in AC that wasnt so lucky. No building structure damage but pulled all the pallet-rack mounting bolts out of the floors and destroyed most of the racks. Im assuming we are going to hear about some serious VINO losses.... in the areas around Napa... Im 'positive' they were ALL insured!!! :54:

·
Never Enough
972 Posts

Jerry
That's great news Jerry considering you're just a few miles from the epicenter. Seen lots of pictures of other wine storage facilities not so lucky.
We live in Vacaville and I woke up just as it was ending. My dad is in Napa and had a lot of stuff fall on the floor of his house, lost about a foot of water from his pool from sloshing but no structural damage to the house.

·
Registered
939 Posts
quake

We just inspected a building yesterday there in AC that wasnt so lucky. No building structure damage but pulled all the pallet-rack mounting bolts out of the floors and destroyed most of the racks. Im assuming we are going to hear about some serious VINO losses.... in the areas around Napa... Im 'positive' they were ALL insured!!! :54:
the East/West racks loosened most of the hold down bolts up to 1/8", some top rack bolts sheered. the North/South racks are perfect.

I had dropped off my barreled wine at a winery in Napa on friday. It was at the bottom of about 300 barrels. Mine survived. we're supposed to bottle next week.

Jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts