Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a heavy boat (19 deep v daycruiser for example) would there be much benefit to a shoe and rideplate? Or would it just be more drag without enough lift to get the hull out of the water? I am assuming it would want a backcut shoe to try to get some lift in the rear. This is a low horsepower deal, not much speed either so it seems like unless it gets the hull really dry, it might just slow things down?

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Just thowing it out there, I hd 650 HP in a 23 sleekcraft, and got 72 mph.

·
Cole SS
139 Posts
I used a bolt on ride plate on my 20' cole SS. I gained 2-3 mph and improved my ride quality. Bone stock 454 and weight is 2500lb. My bottom is a delta pad and liked the 5/8" bite of the shoe. No problems on shut down.

·
Future GN Racer!
2,216 Posts
I have a 21' After Shock open bow with a 505 ci BBC (700hp) and my Berkeley jet has a SS worked impeller, blue printed with a pre loader, ride plate, and reverse cut shoe. It also has a droop snoot, and place diverter and 68 MPH is my top speed.... WTF....:mad: So I now own a Rayson Craft v-drive to go racing with and I will leave the family boat alone.

Lock

·
Registered
466 Posts
700 hp?? Wow my 320 hp, 21ft, bone stock, no diverter, no anything went 60. I would say ya something is wrong. The clutch is slipping?? Lol j/k:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts