Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washington is filled with diplomats; Department Heads, Secretary of this or that, Chief of something, Director of who cares, various Leaders, Chairmen of nothings, Administrators of unknowns, Admirals and Generals and all with full staffs and maybe a limo here and there and an Air Force jet thrown in. So it seems none of them must be doing their jobs (?), so now we have a new entity called a CZAR plus his/her full staff. Maybe this is good, they'll be hiring like crazy in DC (District of Corruption).

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Thought heard there are something like 12 czars.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
In all good Democrat's minds it is the best way to expand government. You have to have a fully staffed department in place in case a problem arises or create a problem where none exists and create a department to solve a non existing problem.....makes sense to me.:)LegHumphil:)

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
Do We Need Czar's
If you look at the history of the word Czar, which has Slavic origins, its meanings include supreme ruler, emperor, and dictatorial power. By the 19th century, it had come to be viewed as an equivalent of King.

We need Czars like Custer needed more Indians (sorry if that saying is not politically correct).

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Back when President Clinton appointed Gen. Barry McCaffrey Drug Czar, I sent a letter asking why we needed a drug Czar. I also asked if the reason he called it a Drug Czar was because the names Drug Lord and Drug King were already taken?? Needless to say I got no reply...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts