Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I think RD is a tool

Votes: 10 14.9%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you find it useful or intrusive? I personally use it everyday for work and find it a very useful tool to see jobsites and locations without having to visit them. I read that somewhere in Germany (I think) they are fighting Google because they feel it is too personal and an invasion of privacy. whats your take?

·
Registered
241 Posts
just used google to look up directions to a house in Chino for a bbq today.first time i've seen the street view but works for what i needed,now all i have to look for is all the junk cars in the front yard.hope the pic's an upto date one.

·
Registered
274 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!
I just googled the street view of my old house that I moved from, and my boat is in the driveway, and I'M STANDING NEXT TO IT!!!
My old truck is across the street, so it is over a year old image.
That's kind of scary.
I'm surprised I don't have a beer in my hand in the pic.

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
Since when was the outside of your house, and anything else readily viewable from the street an invasion of privacy? If I can look at it when I drive by what's the harm in looking at it when someone else drives by?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Since when was the outside of your house, and anything else readily viewable from the street an invasion of privacy? If I can look at it when I drive by what's the harm in looking at it when someone else drives by?
No, I agree, it's not an invasion of privacy. I was out in public.
But, the wife and I don't always completely close the drapes (if you know what I'm talking about) - I don't think it makes that view a free right to the public - when it is taking place in an area not normally viewed by, or from an angle that the public would view.

But, having a recorded moment of my life, that I didn't know about in the now public record...
Just kinda spooky.
Big Brotherish.

I don't have anything to hide... at least very little.
It wasn't like I was picking my nose in the pic.:D

·
Slow Learner
909 Posts
Do you find it useful or intrusive? I personally use it everyday for work and find it a very useful tool to see jobsites and locations without having to visit them. I read that somewhere in Germany (I think) they are fighting Google because they feel it is too personal and an invasion of privacy. whats your take?
Agreed... In our heyday when we were busy there were quite a few jobs I didn't have time to look at and it was nice to have the street view to get a general idea of the project at hand.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My business looks nothing now like it did, almost two years ago I guess, judging by the pics. How often do they update?
I also pulled up my parents address, kind of out in the country on a huge ranch, and they don't have a street view for that address.

·
waiting sucks
981 Posts
Pretty insane someone drove around to get all that. It was usefull when we were looking at houses. I would find one on the net and could see the neighberhood instantly on google maps.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Pretty insane someone drove around to get all that. It was usefull when we were looking at houses. I would find one on the net and could see the neighberhood instantly on google maps.
Follow the arrows and see a drug dealer on every corner lol...

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I love it. I use it for several instances. If someone sees it as an invasion of privacy, do the world a favor and lock yourself in a room forever.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I just wish some of the license plates were more clear, lol :))THumbsUp

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!
I just googled the street view of my old house that I moved from, and my boat is in the driveway, and I'M STANDING NEXT TO IT!!!
My old truck is across the street, so it is over a year old image.
That's kind of scary.
I'm surprised I don't have a beer in my hand in the pic.
Did they blur your face? My neighbor across the street was watering his lawn, and could be clearly seen. I went and looked again a few months later and his face had been blured out.

I think it's great. Recent example......I ordered some 4x4 parts from a place in Missouri, and was able to look it up and see what kind of a place it was......it was nice big building and I felt better about dealing with them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I just wish some of the license plates were more clear, lol :))THumbsUp
I heard that if you subscribe to google earth the birds eye shots are alot crisper and up to date.

I dont have a problem with google earth or screen shots but it does boggle my mind when I think of what that system is capable of on the classified side:)sphss

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I heard that if you subscribe to google earth the birds eye shots are alot crisper and up to date.
Hmmm, I'll check into that, thanks for the heads up.:)

·
Is it Summer Yet?!
607 Posts
Google 1681 Hopper Ave 95401

My Boat, Truck, and my garage is open with my Classic, and Motorcycles!

Its funny too becaue I was getting ready to go camping that day!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts