Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched from my dan olsen alumn. scoop to a fiberglass scoop. with the olsen scoop i did not run a filter but it was sealed up tight for the road.

with the new scoop the tray doesn't seal 100%. So are you guys running a air filter inside the tray? or just stuffing the scoop when your hitting the road?

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
I made an aluminum plug.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was thinking to, I assume you have foam glued to the back of the alumn?

what about on the bottom? my tray has a small gap at each corner and also 4 small holes cut for the float adjusters to fit through.
I made an aluminum plug.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
here's mine. not especially pretty, but when you're towin through dirty dusty pits and staging lanes, launching/retrieving 10-20 times a weekend, functional enough to keep the carbs and engine clean...

i can't match the numbers on these things when searching the k&n online catalog, because i got these things 14 years ago. but i -think- the e-3403 would fit, although it would be snug...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Did those two peices come as one unit?

here's mine. not especially pretty, but when you're towin through dirty dusty pits and staging lanes, launching/retrieving 10-20 times a weekend, functional enough to keep the carbs and engine clean...

i can't match the numbers on these things when searching the k&n online catalog, because i got these things 14 years ago. but i -think- the e-3403 would fit, although it would be snug...

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
K&N CC approved, Closed hatch

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Did those two peices come as one unit?
ohellno... the spark arrestors were on the boat when i bought it. i just hunted to find some k&n's that would snugly fit over them. on my previous boat, i ran the uscg k&n, but that wouldn't this setup with the scoop, so i just improvised. i ran these in both the old dooley scoop, and the taller glass scoop...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts