Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little insight here for those that may not follow the V drive section, or those without a boat that just follow the PRF...
A member here at PB, Dave Sammons, crashed a flatbottom while testing at Parker this week. He will recover, but has some serious injuries and was air lifted to a hospital in Northern Phoenix. I doubt the rotor blades on the chopper were finished winding down before the Millers were there in support of their friend Dave... Dave is from Carlsbad Ca., and his family has rushed to his side, as expected.... Now Doc, being Doc, has opened his home to Dave's relatives in their hour of need.... No surprise to me, but some here may be surprised. This gracious act, this caring attitude, is what Doc is all about, and believe me, there was never a question as to their political or Religious affiliations, just questions about what the Millers can do to help..... My hat is off to the Millers, 5 stars to the family..... Thanks, Doc...
Ray

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Sorry to hear about Dave Sammons accident. Our hot boating sport can be dangerous even to the very experienced guys. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Super nice of Doc and family to be so helpful :))THumbsUp Be careful everybody.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
I saw the picture of the boat and knew I recognized it, just couldn't remember who owned it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mr Sammons.

I have said it before, this site and this group, are the best. Doc represents himself well on here....as a genuine friend.

Brian

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
There is always another side to people in real life that many don't get on the internet. What he is doing is great. I would hope my friends would follow suit.

Best wishes to Dave on his recovery.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Doc, you ARE a great Amercian!!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts