Performance Boats Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Depends on what you are looking to do.

I use a wedge to get my droop as close as possiable to the ride plate angle. So basiclly, i take a straight edge,place it on the ride plate and wedge up or down until you get your nozzle pin off the plate angle about a 1/2 to 1/4".

If you want a bigger tail(oh yea) then wedge it up to get more nozzle angle.

Ask the resident know it all jetoholic, he has all the answers on everything,from engines to pumps to hardware tuning,but yet he has no hardware to tune....HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
113 Posts
Depends on what you are looking to do.

I use a wedge to get my droop as close as possiable to the ride plate angle. So basiclly, i take a straight edge,place it on the ride plate and wedge up or down until you get your nozzle pin off the plate angle about a 1/2 to 1/4".

If you want a bigger tail(oh yea) then wedge it up to get more nozzle angle.

Ask the resident know it all jetoholic, he has all the answers on everything,from engines to pumps to hardware tuning,but yet he has no hardware to tune....HAHAHAHA

Wow i have been gone to long what have i missed..

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Wow i have been gone to long what have i missed..
Look at every thread in just jets and the dyno section, That Turd is everywhere spreading his newley found book knowlage that he can't put to real life use becuase he posts on the internet all day giving halfassed advice on EVERYTHING!!!!!

Maybe he will relize my run on sentence and help me to write as well.

·
What the Hell is That?
1,586 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Look at every thread in just jets and the dyno section, That Turd is everywhere spreading his newley found book knowlage that he can't put to real life use becuase he posts on the internet all day giving halfassed advice on EVERYTHING!!!!!

I see thanks Futs. I kinda got out of the scene when i sold my boat but i have the itch again.

Sorry to thread jack back to the topic.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
The original intended purpose of a wedge was to manually calibrate a diverter and prevent the diverter from placing a 3rd bend in the discharge water flow.
Wedges have been around way before the place diverter, so I 100% disagree with this statement.

They are a tuning device with or without a diverter.

·
Registered
600 Posts

Futs i'm buyin beer, whenever I make it out to the Big River...

·
I'm No Expert
3,051 Posts
jetaholic, you removed your post... what i dont get is that your saying that the wedge is used to remove a bend added by running the PD up?! Wouldnt the wedge just add this bend back into the stream? Not that i think what your saying is right or wrong, or that i know what a wedge was originally designed for but i'm curious the logic there?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I went from an up wedge to a down wedge, seemed to get the nozzle a little lower on the boat, and picked up a little speed. Not really sure the dynamics behind it, sometimes you just gotta play with it

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
jetaholic, you removed your post... what i dont get is that your saying that the wedge is used to remove a bend added by running the PD up?! Wouldnt the wedge just add this bend back into the stream? Not that i think what your saying is right or wrong, or that i know what a wedge was originally designed for but i'm curious the logic there?
No that's not correct. if your diverter is in an angled position relative to itself, it places a 3rd bend in the discharge water flow. What you want is for the diverter to be locked in the straight position at the angle that gives best MPH. Wedges allow you to accomplish this. This removes the 3rd bend.

On the trailer, place the diverter handle (assuming yours is mechanical) in the notch that gives you "best MPH". If the nozzle is not straight, you will have to wedge the droop to allow the diverter to reach that same exact angle...BUT WITH THE DIVERTER LOCKED STRAIGHT (i.e. no angle exists in the diverter nozzle itself). If it's higher than straight, you wedge up. Lower than straight, you wedge down. Make sense?

As far as the wedges themselves adding a bend, there's already a bend that exists in the droop casting right at the flange...the wedges just alter this bend slightly.

·
I'm No Expert
3,051 Posts
I understand what your saying with the diverter. My droop though really doesnt bend the water all that much, it's looks to me like it's really squeezing it down to size. The angle at the top is alot more durastic than the bottom, actually if i take a straight edge and hold it to the bottom of my bowl, the angle of the droop is almost exactly the same. The angle isnt much but i guess if your wedging up thats removing some of it. seams like there's more of a squeeze going on. guess i can see were your logic is here.

·
Administrator
11,501 Posts
Ok guys you were warned a few days ago on this bashing other members crap. I will single out Futs here as the main offender here and elsewhere.

If you have a opinion different from another member post it up in a respectful way. The bashing and making fun of program is going to cease here one way or another. Hopefully it will just stop and we'll not lose any members over it. That is not what this forum is about. If that is the way you wish to conduct posting I suggest you migrate somewhere that will allow it.

This thread is done. Admin's message seemed to fall of deaf ears. Please consider this a second warning.

bigblock68 feel free to start another thread on this subject if you wish.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.