Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be quite a few Miller owners here. Does anyone know who owned mine before? ('79) I bought it from a man named Jerry Garoute (SP?) in Redding. He sold it for a friend and never drove it or owned for very long. Jerry has some nice Hydro's and Shovels he was building for people up there.
Some one put a lot of effort into the paint job and interior before me, although it had a rebuilder 454 and stock jet.
Am wondering about the history of this boat.
Here is a pic from when I bought it. It had a single carb TR then.

The bow has some pin striping that is pretty cool.

It had this lettering on the back.

Any body know of it??

·
Registered
656 Posts
Seems to be quite a few Miller owners here. Does anyone know who owned mine before? ('79) I bought it from a man named Jerry Garoute (SP?) in Redding. He sold it for a friend and never drove it or owned for very long. Jerry has some nice Hydro's and Shovels he was building for people up there.
Some one put a lot of effort into the paint job and interior before me, although it had a rebuilder 454 and stock jet.
Am wondering about the history of this boat.
Here is a pic from when I bought it. It had a single carb TR then.

The bow has some pin striping that is pretty cool.

It had this lettering on the back.

Any body know of it??
Nice lookin boat!!

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When did you buy it? I remember seeing it on the old Hot Boat Forums a few years ago.
I bought it in August, 2 1/2 years ago.
Had been looking for a 79 Miller for months. Saw it on E-Bay. (No, not advertised at 100 MPH.:D) Turned out to be only 15 miles from my house. I saw it as an omen!:)devil

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone? (Bump)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have you tried to contact Miller Boats?
It's kind of a long shot, but maybe they still have
records of their sales and could pass your info to the original owner?

Have you checked with some shops around you maybe they have done some work on it for a past owner?

Clean boat!

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try asking the guys at Redding Performance Marine. (Rpm) They might know.
Shot in the dark deal.
I'ii do that. Thanks.:)devil

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Thanks! I can't take the credit for the paint and interior though. It was done when I got the boat.
All along I thought you were Grumpy..... lol :)sphss :D

Is there something in particular that got you curious about your boats history or just because?

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All along I thought you were Grumpy..... lol :)sphss :D

Is there something in particular that got you curious about your boats history or just because?
LOL. Debbie has told me to leave the "Grumpy" and just change the "Steph" to Debbie.:D:D

Seems like lots of the peeps on here know a good deal of history on each others boats.
We plan on never selling the Miller. Thought it would be cool to know its history.
This is my 2nd '79. My first Hot Rod boat was a '79 Miller back in '91 in Alaska. I sold it in '94 and it took 13 years to be able to replace it. No matter what other boat I may buy or sell, the '79 is my all time favorite boat ever!:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have all the old hin numbers, but it's never been my policy to release info on customers. Call me with your name and number and I will pass it on if that's what you want.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
have you thought about changing it to Grumpy
and Tommy's Toy??:)hand
Thats a good one! Actually, Debbie is great, and loves the boats. She never had any before meeting Me 5 years ago. She only gets "Grumpy" when I tear them apart and we can't go to the lake.

I have all the old hin numbers, but it's never been my policy to release info on customers. Call me with your name and number and I will pass it on if that's what you want.
When I get home I am digging out the bill of sale from when I bought it. I THINK the owner before Jerry is on that paperwork.
Will call you in a couple weeks regardless.
Thanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Could you tell me if this is true or not but I have heard that a lot of Miller boats from the 70s went to Australia? Is that true? If so, whats the story behind that? Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts