Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a 90 degree thru-hull water dump fitting by chance? Need one that will accept 5/8" ID hose.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Do you want the angle inside or outside of the boat?

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you want the angle inside or outside of the boat?
Inside.

Basically, every thru-hull dump fitting I've seen is usually a straight one with a barbed hose fitting on the end. Problem with that is that the hose has to raise up between the motor and the transom to connect to the dump fitting.

What I'm trying to do in an effort to neaten up the hose array in the bilge area is have the hose stay on the floor of the bilge until it gets to the transom, then curve up and follow the transom, then connect to the dump fitting.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
We make one that has a -8 AN connection. You could put a 90º -8 push-lock (barbed) XRP hose end on it and attach a 1/2" hose.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We make one that has a -8 AN connection. You could put a 90º -8 push-lock (barbed) XRP hose end on it and attach a 1/2" hose.
Thanks Rex. Out of curiosity, do those push lock barbs require a certain type of hose or will they work with any hose?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I think it takes a special hose but I may be worng. I know I tried them and they are still in a box. 2 of us pushing and couldn't get past the first barb. Heated the hose, added silicon grease and nothing.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
They are designed for push lock hose (the blue XRP stuff). You can use other hose obviously for a non pressure application. You can use a clamp (not overtightened) to be safe.

When installing the correct hose you generally have to do it in a vice or very secure location on the end, use a little grease and push like hell. They go on, just not easy. Same reason they don't come off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts