Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the 80s and 90s we used to parasail, waterski and even innertube. Now none of that. Is this a trend or just me?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I pull people in tubes plenty. Also, wakeboarding consumes more time than skiing.
Last couple yrs., I've been burning less gas, more sitting on the sandbar, I'm not begging people to go for rides.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
The kids wake board / ski. Pull the tube .
I don't have the best wake for any of that . We have a good time
I can haul ass and they like that too.---Yep must be you. lol

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
We haven't tubed in a couple of years. I'm the only driver, besides my 5 year old granddaughter, and the only one who knows how to ski, so that doesn't happen. Maybe in 5 years or so when she gets the urge to go tubing, we'll break it out again. I even took the ski tow off and put my teak flag staff there.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Everyone of my kids learned to ski behind our Hallett flat. There will always be a ski tow on that particular boat. Fact is, there was a time I looked down my nose at "boaters" who ride for the sake of burning fuel.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
use to ski quite a bit, but as the bones get older and the heat beats down, I need to conserve energy just to sit and float in a cove:)sphss

on a serious note, with the explosion of affordable High performance boats in the 90's, boating has seem to become more and more like your local car show, drive to the event/park-it/setup camp/B.S. for the day and go home, at least in Havasu I see the channel as no different then a car show on McCulloch, and the older I get the more boating is about the destination and the social gathering

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Thats why i bought a smaller boat for actually using it and driving it vs sitting all day while it floats.Still single ski and tow a tube every so often.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not the best skiing or wakeboarding boat, but still gets the job done (Conquest Top Cat II). Only pull a tube when at Powell.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
We used to when I had the smaller boat, but this boat won't stay on plane slow enough to wake board behind. My son is 18 months old so in another 4 or 5 years I will but another boat to pull ski's, tubes, etc... Those are some of my best memories of Havasu, hitting the early glass.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Kids like to tube, but I refuse to do that anywhere but Mead. There not into skiing yet. We seem to pull broke down boats more than anything

Sent from somewhere in the middle of nowhere...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Everyone skies, boards, kneeboards on our boats. My kids thank me every time, were at the water, that I pushed them into water sports. My son is trying to barefoot now, because I will brag on this one, because dad still does. I have came to the conclusion. To me it seems parents just don't want to take the time to teach them. They rather pull them on the tubes. Easier. Maybe I am wrong, but just don't see kids trying, like we use to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thats all we do is tube or ski I have three nieces one 18 another 12 and last one 8 and they all love it. It was the first time this year for the 12 and 8 year olds they loved it

·
Apache Lake Monger
917 Posts
Originally that's why we bought the boat. Was for skiing and such. Everybody got older and kids grew up, so we have removed the Ski Tow on ours also. Its just a cruiser now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts