Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Unleashedclothing
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obama would eventually raise more than $265 million for the primaries from more than 2 million individuals. Clinton raised about $215 million, and would end her campaign more than $30 million in debt. Most important, Obama's army of small donors paid for the impressive field organization he would build, drawing on grass-roots support across the country and penetrating states Clinton couldn't afford to contest.

The above is just for the primaries. Kind of makes you sick to think it takes 1/2 a billion to run for president!

Deano

http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore
20% off for all performance boaters..online use code hardcore2008

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
What Is Your Point?

Obama would eventually raise more than $265 million for the primaries from more than 2 million individuals. Clinton raised about $215 million, and would end her campaign more than $30 million in debt. Most important, Obama's army of small donors paid for the impressive field organization he would build, drawing on grass-roots support across the country and penetrating states Clinton couldn't afford to contest.

The above is just for the primaries. Kind of makes you sick to think it takes 1/2 a billion to run for president!

Deano

The Clinton`s thought it was won a year ago and got their ass kicked:)devil

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Ass kicked? Its June, and the democratic primary is officially not over. Thats hardly an ass kicking. And I'm not a Clinton supporter.
So you need a couple more days until she officially quits/withdrawls/goes dormant/throws in the towel/ or whatever other word games they're going to play??? :)sphss

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Ass kicked? Its June, and the democratic primary is officially not over. Thats hardly an ass kicking. And I'm not a Clinton supporter.
Stick a fork in her she's done.

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts

Deano

Applying free market concepts is all the rage lately it seams, but in all reality the amount of money a candidate can raise is a good indicator of their potential success, especially if it is a group of small contributions vice a smaller number of large ones.

I have always hated the Clintons, and while I am a republican I have to admit that I really enjoyed watching Obama hand it to her.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I have always hated the Clintons, and while I am a republican I have to admit that I really enjoyed watching Obama hand it to her.
I can't stand the Klintons, however I would have much rather seen her running against McCain in November. Everyone knows what she is and what she stands for, but there are enough people who don't do any kind of research on anything, if they even vote, who are being sucked into the Obama machine without understanding how scary this guy really is...

Heard a deal on the news today talking about how the rock'n'roll concert atmosphere of Obama's rallies show that he's a more capable leader than McCain because McCain is a little more subdued at his fundraisers and public appearances. What about the issues??? Then again, Comrade Klinton was on MTV playing his sax and there are analysts that point to that as a great factor of him getting elected in the first place.

And I'm not a McCain fan by any stretch either, but it's a lesser of evils situation here. :mad:

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I can't stand the Klintons, however I would have much rather seen her running against McCain in November. Everyone knows what she is and what she stands for, but there are enough people who don't do any kind of research on anything, if they even vote, who are being sucked into the Obama machine without understanding how scary this guy really is...

Heard a deal on the news today talking about how the rock'n'roll concert atmosphere of Obama's rallies show that he's a more capable leader than McCain because McCain is a little more subdued at his fundraisers and public appearances. What about the issues??? Then again, Comrade Klinton was on MTV playing his sax and there are analysts that point to that as a great factor of him getting elected in the first place.

And I'm not a McCain fan by any stretch either, but it's a lesser of evils situation here. :mad:
Well said.

Now we're off to the political forum. :)devil

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
So you need a couple more days until she officially quits/withdrawls/goes dormant/throws in the towel/ or whatever other word games they're going to play??? :)sphss
You took my statement out of context. Obama hardly handed Hillary her ass in the democratic nomination fight. It took till now to decide it. That being the case, he's in for a long haul with McCain.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
For all the McCain critics too, keep in mind that he already came from rated at almost having no chance and kicked several republicans asses (early compared to Obama vs Hillary), that had far more money than he. Right there proving that money and eloquent speeches do not always translate to victory.

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
That would pay off a lot of other things this country needs....
Sure, $250 million is a LOT of money. But in terms of the overall federal budget, sadly, it is nothing. The federal budget for FY 09, which starts in September of 08, is $3.1 TRILLION...

there are enough people who don't do any kind of research on anything, if they even vote, who are being sucked into the Obama machine without understanding how scary this guy really is...
Well said...

What is truly sad is that the common man can no longer run for office and get elected...

·
Banned
223 Posts
At the end of the day

·
Lost for Words
156 Posts

You are assuming that all people who support Obama have NOT done any research. :)sphss

Anyone who had been to a rally knows that there is almost an hour of POLICY DISCUSSION at them. Given, there are people who will vote for Barack for silly reasons, just like there are people who will vote for McCain without actually agreeing with his policy. ;)

I think scary is a matter of opinion. I think 4 more years of Bush policy is scary. To each their own. :p

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
You are assuming that all people who support Obama have NOT done any research. :)sphss
That's not what I said at all. Go back and read it again. I said there are enough people. I never said all people as that would be a stupid blanket statement to make. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts