Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building a dog house engine cover for my boat.going to build outa ply wood.and fiberglass it resin.does it get hot enough in there to melt the resin.have water jacket headers.going to put a fiberglass hood scoop on to let it breath.and prob vent it down low also.anyone have any exp with this or pics......

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you melt the resin you got big problems... vent it well make sure you have good clearance and seal the plywood. I like to use cloth to seal the plywood, encapsulate the wood and use matt for your structure.
Here are some floors I am doing right now, there are 100's of ways to do this, I have just seen floors done like this last for decades. Resin alone will crack that why I like to use the cloth. I am assuming you are using a polyester resin as well, I have never used epoxy resins but have seen some good stuff done with epoxy, it is new tec vs old school with the polyester.

Attachments

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
Heres mine... wood, carpet, vinyl, diamond, fiber... the only issue I had was the sun reflecting off my breather an burning a line like a magnifying glass into the carpet. Covered the top of breather with a piece of vinyl material...fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts