Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
dat da dat tat dat da tat, like a rev limiter? yeah, that's a 3 circuit, get used to it;) is this a high compression bbf or something? that's big jets, i run 88's on a 13.5 to 1 505bbc.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
air bleeds stock so what ever holly puts in it is there, is there only a power valve in the front cause there's no power valve in the back metering block

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
float level is perfect come on need some help before i sell this [email protected]
pull out the 3rd circuit air bleeds, drive it and see how it does. if it cleans up alot, leave the bleeds out. remember, when you're setting idle on a dominator, you HAVE TO ADJUST BOTH IDLE SCREWS THE SAME AMOUNT;) don't just adjust the frt and think you're doin it right, cause that's not right. my mixtures screws are all 4 about 1 1/2 turns out.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will do and yes for every 1/2 half turn i go on the front the back gets it is there a power valve in the front metering block and can i change the air bleeds

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
will do and yes for every 1/2 half turn i go on the front the back gets it is there a power valve in the front metering block and can i change the air bleeds
nutha thing i've noticed about dominators, they like alot of timing at idle to get the vaccum signal up. i'm locked at 36 and after the initial warm up, i can idle around all day and never have to tap the throttle to start the boat warm.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
Bolt on a Holley R8082-1 and never look back. :D Just changed out some 3 circuit 1050's to 2 circuit, like driving a new boat. Idles, accelerates, no 4 cycle in mid range (3rd circuit fuel dump) no black soot all over boat. Call Tom @ Holley Tech > 270-781-9741 ask him about 3 circuit in your application. ;) The 3 circuit carb has some extremely long idle slots, so changing metering blocks (making your carb 2 circuit) just creates a new set of problems.

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
nutha thing i've noticed about dominators, they like alot of timing at idle to get the vaccum signal up. i'm locked at 36 and after the initial warm up, i can idle around all day and never have to tap the throttle to start the boat warm.
Very good point Tom!
That could fix his idle and surge problem depending on were his timing advance comes in.

Surge (lean or timing) maybe a little differant than a thrid circuit (rich) blubber.

I have duel 3 circuit dominators on my boat, and with a little bleed swap it works great at all throttle openings. And like you said, tap the starter button and it fires right up.
I ended up with 80 intermidiate bleeds to clean it up, and a little idle screw adjust. The timing is locked at 31*.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
got the weakest spring in a msd pro billet 35* total adv. with the black adv. bushing
this can cause problems in itself if you have have a pretty lumping cam. As the motor surges up due to the cam, the distributor advances alittle, then lopes down and the distributor retards back, in the mean time the signal to the carb is all over the place and adding to the problem. Lock down the advance mech. and time at 35 or put in a heavier spring and see if it helps any.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
417 Posts
so far i have my inter. air bleeds drilled to .100 ( my understanding the passage in .118) and i still have a little stumble up to 4000 rpm. also timming is locked at 34 and it will idle at 800. idle screws at 1 3/4 out.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
with the heavy spring it had a stumble
it stumbled because with the heavy spring the timing backs off when the R's drop to a point lower than the light spring. If you have to run an advance mech., then put in a different bushing that limits the degrees to less movement, and the timing won't drop back as far from total and the stumble will go away. On a motor that just couldn't be locked I ran 28* initial with 38* total with a bushing and a light spring

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 70 Posts