Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone is familiar with dominator jetboats. a buddy of mine has 77 dominator with berk pump, 496 650hp, place deverter no shoe and rideplate. its has a very violent porpoise above 60mph. is this something that this hull is known to do, and what do you think we can do to help it out. he will be machining for a shoe and rideplate over the winter. just looking for something to help the problem to finish out the season.

·
You Cant See Me
129 Posts
I have a Brendella 18' jet that was doing the same thing. I had about a 450hp Chevy in it and it did the same thing your talking about, I kept playing with loader grates untill I got it to stop. Recently we put my buddies 650 hp chevy in it to see what it would do and at about 87 mph its doing the same thing again. My Brendella is the twin to the mid 70's Dominater. Good luck.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Brendella 18' jet that was doing the same thing. I had about a 450hp Chevy in it and it did the same thing your talking about, I kept playing with loader grates untill I got it to stop. Recently we put my buddies 650 hp chevy in it to see what it would do and at about 87 mph its doing the same thing again. My Brendella is the twin to the mid 70's Dominater. Good luck.
thanks slough for the info i will try a couple different loader, and i am going to try a droop, hopefully we will get some testing time tomorrow

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks jermey but i want to get this thing close before mardon so he can enjoy the trip.

Jonny boy we will have to compare the bottoms and see what they look like.

weather has turned for the worse up here and have not got out to test the droop. got to love washington 3 weeks of 95+ weather now 75 and raining.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.